Castle Sets The Record | The Boneyard

Castle Sets The Record

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Special player and special kid. He’s shown everyone for 2 months why he’s both a lotto pick and a critical piece to our teams success.

How great is Castle, too, that he committed to us when he was solid and we were solid, but with the belief and confidence that both would become great. He believed in us as a program and saw both come to fruition.

Satisfying.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Steph! Well deserved. He and the coaching staff deserve a ton of credit for the way they integrated him into the team. I love the way his performance has progressed over the course of the season. As a UConn fan, it's sad that he will only be a Husky for this one season, but his success is the team's. And I'm just glad I was able to cheer for him as a Husky at all and during such an amazing season.

Reaction Score
I agree with everything that has been said about Stephon. I watch him in the huddles and his eyes are always glued to Hurley listening to every word he has to offer. Watching this group play together as a team first has been an absolute joy but watching Stephon getting better and more confident as each game passes has been the best thing for me to watch all year. This young man is going to do great things at the next level and I wish him the very best.

Reaction Score
His defensive ability was a huge surprise to me coming into the season. I had no idea how elite he was on that end of the ball. Will be the separator in how high he goes in the lottery with his continual acceptance of guarding the other team's best player.

Super high IQ, has found his 3-pt shot, never gets too high or too low, playing like an upper-classman. It really is unfair how loaded this team is.

Reaction Score
It's refreshing when a player with hype coming out of HS actually lives up to the hype. Steph has been fantastic on both ends of the floor and has really grown into his role as our best perimeter defender. Too bad he'll only be here for one year, but best of luck to him in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I really like the judgement and maturity he's shown. He rarely takes a bad shot, and as a freshman, has fit right into the unselfish style of play that's been a hallmark of winning UConn basketball for the past two season.

Reaction Score
I want this thread to live on. We will see Stephon for at least 9 more games. We are only just getting to know this kid, this unbelievable talent, and I want to selfishly keep him here another year. The talent, the physique, and the basketball maturity which make him one of the all-time greats. A true Husky.

That kid from up north was the team's key player for 35 games, averaged over 36 minutes a game, and is the only reason that program has a single championship in 2003, while going 0-2 against UConn. 1,274 minutes played and 778 points scored. That team had 5 losses: Memphis, Pitt, Rutgers, and UConn twice.

Stephon has 674 minutes played and 280 points. He's a freshman on a team loaded with All-Big East caliber players. A true team player. We need more Stephon!!!!

stephon.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom