Castle’s D | The Boneyard

Castle’s D

Reaction Score
Apologies in advance <deep breath>

I think I’m now ready to put Castle in the same category as Ricky Moore when it comes to one in one D. His lockup job on Boo Bui was just otherworldly and I feel so lucky to have this guy on our side.

**admittedly I was a drunk college kid while RM was doing this thing, but I’ve watched the Duke game several times

Reaction Score
Awkward Krieger GIF by Archer

Reaction Score
Apologies in advance <deep breath>

I think I’m now ready to put Castle in the same category as Ricky Moore when it comes to one in one D. His lockup job on Boo Bui was just otherworldly and I feel so lucky to have this guy on our side.

**admittedly I was a drunk college kid while RM was doing this thing, but I’ve watched the Duke game several times
I’m not there yet. In addition to watching the Duke tape and getting Langdon to travel with the title on the line, remember the job RM did on Iverson as a freshman in the ‘96 BE title game. Locked up the future hall of famer.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I’m not there yet. In addition to watching the Duke tape and getting Langdon to travel with the title on the line, remember the job RM did on Iverson as a freshman in the ‘96 BE title game. Locked up the future hall of famer.
They are both wonderful - loved that I saw both
Can't we leave it like that?

Reaction Score
They are both wonderful - loved that I saw both
Can't we leave it like that?
Castle is in the running for my Mount Rushmore of defensive players at UConn. Ricky Moore, Emeka Okafor, and Lyman DePriest are on it. I think Castle and Nadav Henefeld are in the next group knocking on the door to see who should join them.

Reaction Score
What’s interesting about him is he doesn’t do it in a way that turns a lot of heads. Pundits everywhere were talking about Andre’s defense last year, and Boat also got more recognition given his speed and pickpocket abilities. Castle does it very quietly

Reaction Score
What’s interesting about him is he doesn’t do it in a way that turns a lot of heads. Pundits everywhere were talking about Andre’s defense last year, and Boat also got more recognition given his speed and pickpocket abilities. Castle does it very quietly
Yup. Clingan said Castle talks about holding these guys to zero. And did so at halftime against Bui.

Reaction Score
Castle uses his strength to stay in front of the ball handler without fouling. It’s impressive and then he contests most shots hard, making them difficult. Castle also rebounds well when the ball is in his area and I assume he also boxes out well too.

Reaction Score
Serious question because we all agree Castle D is a game changer- Who do we put him on vs SDSU? Butler?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Honorable mention to Ryan Boatright who absolutely eviscerated opposing PGs on our way to the 2014 chip. He’s the 1b to RM and SC’s 1A.

Boat didn't bring that defensive intensity every night of his career but he & Bazz brought it for 6 games when it mattered. Teams couldn't even get the ball into the paint against us, the perimeter defense was so stout. I've never seen anything like it before or since.

Reaction Score
Boat didn't bring that defensive intensity every night of his career but he & Bazz brought it for 6 games when it mattered. Teams couldn't even get the ball into the paint against us, the perimeter defense was so stout. I've never seen anything like it before or since.
Boat brought it vs Kentucky. All that matters vs the Harrison boys

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Think it’s because Andre’s and Boatright’s defense led to highlight plays offensively or defensively.

Castle doesn’t get a lot of the highlight blocks or steals they did. But he’s just super fundamental and reliable (not that Boatright wasn’t, but still).

Andre tried too hard for the highlight plays at times. Boatright’s pick pockets were a trademark skill. He made it hell for guys just to get the ball up the court. And when he did getcha, he was all by himself for a dunk at the other end. Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom