Cast "UConn: The Movie" | The Boneyard

Cast "UConn: The Movie"

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
While everyone's chewing down their fingernails for the next few hours, here's something else to think about and have fun with.

Who would you cast in major roles in the movie about the story of UConn hoops?

To get it started, I'll suggest a few:

DH: Mark Strong
Andrea: Diane Guererro
KO: Denzel
Cam: Tanner Buchanan
AD David Benedict: Dean Norris
JC: Lenny Clarke

Who are you casting for this blockbuster?

Reaction Score
Immediately after WWII, J Edgar Hoover wanted to tout his FBI's success in breaking up the German espionage effort spying on our atomic bomb project. Lloyd Nolan, as well as the spies, were actors, but a large number of the cast members were the actual FBI agents that broke up the spy ring. (The House on 92nd Street)

I think our victory lap movie should also cast most of the real people, which would allow actual game and interview footage use. We do need a place for Will Farrell as a Boneyard fanboy driven to know all, and, liberal use of Bill Murray as the janitor that is Will's behind the scenes link to the team over the decades. Bill could incorporate some @Dove spy techniques over the years, (a la Get Smart), inside fake mailboxes, in the bushes, inside a team locker, etc. The whole movie should be Boneyard centric focusing on the Boneyard takes of all events through the eyes of OUR cast of characters and documented with actual posts over history. Big Red gets a role, and Joe D.

That's all I've got.

Reaction Score
Immediately after WWII, J Edgar Hoover wanted to tout his FBI's success in breaking up the German espionage effort spying on our atomic bomb project. Lloyd Nolan, as well as the spies, were actors, but a large number of the cast members were the actual FBI agents that broke up the spy ring. (The House on 92nd Street)

I think our victory lap movie should also cast most of the real people, which would allow actual game and interview footage use. We do need a place for Will Farrell as a Boneyard fanboy driven to know all, and, liberal use of Bill Murray as the janitor that is Will's behind the scenes link to the team over the decades. Bill could incorporate some @Dove spy techniques over the years, (a la Get Smart), inside fake mailboxes, in the bushes, inside a team locker, etc. The whole movie should be Boneyard centric focusing on the Boneyard takes of all events through the eyes of OUR cast of characters and documented with actual posts over history. Big Red gets a role, and Joe D.

That's all I've got.
But all character roles should be the actual boneyarders screen names. .

Reaction Score
How about Gina Carano as Andrea? Andrea deserves to have a fighter play her for the Providence scenes.

Reaction Score
Young Calhoun - Colin Hanks
Today Calhoun - Tom Hanks
Hurley - Matt Damon
Andrea Hurley - Marisa Tomei
Benedict - Kyle Chandler
Kimani - Cuba Gooding Jr
Luke - Corey Stoll
Pelinka - Ben Stiller
Jeannie Buss - Jane Krakowski
Bronny Jr - Kevin Hart

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’d cast Rob Lowe as Pelinka and Idris Elba as Kimani.

But my best piece of casting is Mamoa as Hurley.

Reaction Score
i woulda cast bruce willis in the hurley role before he got ill. now i'll go with Corey Stoll

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie: Snoop Dogg
AH: Cameron Diaz
DH: Matt Damon or Robert Downey Jr (I'm sure there might be a better choice, but this works)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

That's all I've got.
You will have to get Joe D out of hiding in the witness protection program ….

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
For Danny, I would go with Corey Stoll as well, but CGI mapped face on a body builder like Ryan Reynolds in Free Guy.

Just to be accurate.

Ryan-Reynolds-Jacked-Promoting-Free-Guy-vertical.jpg

Reaction Score
Jim Calhoun: Clint Eastwood
Kevin Ollie: Mahershala Ali
Dan Hurley: Tim Muma
Kimani Young: Chiwetel Ejiofor
Luke Murray: Jon Cryer
Bill Murray: Bill Murray

Reaction Score
Young Calhoun - Colin Hanks
Today Calhoun - Tom Hanks