Cassel and Kasongo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kasongo is down to Oregon, UConn, Depaul, Arizona, and UCLA
but leaning towards us and Oregon.

Cassel is down to Missouri, Marquette, UConn, and Louisville
but leaning towards us and Louisville.

Is this ^^^ all accurate? and do we know for sure what does they are committing?

caw

Reaction Score

Is this ^^^ all accurate? and do we know for sure what does they are committing?

Yes and no.

Reaction Score
This seems to be what everything points to. Haven't heard any of those other schools mentioned with them except for the ones you've indicated. Of the two, I like our chances with both, but Kasongo more.

Reaction Score

That's is all true. I've been told both are committing this week.

Reaction Score
its quite simple really. If he wants to play basketball for a career than he has a better chance with the exposure at uconn. East Coast bias don't forget. That and we can hype him after he commits based upon his overall play vs chairs. Also if he has big hands that is a plus, it helps with playing in elevation.

Reaction Score
Go figure........

And I'm normally a pretty optimistic guy when it comes to all things UCONN. Now D Rob? Save that for another thread.

C

Chief00

This has not been a good year with the back and forth guys, witness Larrier. But bottom line we have two 5 star guys and someone who can kick anyone's butt.

Reaction Score
This has not been a good year with the back and forth guys, witness Larrier. But bottom line we have two 5 star guys and someone who can kick anyone's butt.

You really crapped the bed on Larrier, huh?

Reaction Score
Go figure........

And I'm normally a pretty optimistic guy when it comes to all things UCONN. Now D Rob? Save that for another thread.

Love these posts now I take it all back.....lol

Okay a "Yay" is good right?

So is Yay for Cassell or Kasongo? Or double yay? C'mon lay it out Zi.......

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Love these posts now I take it all back.....lol

Okay a "Yay" is good right?

So is Yay for Cassell or Kasongo? Or double yay? C'mon lay it out Zi.......

Zionn has a contract with the Psychic Friends Network that prevents him from revealing sources, or to communicate clearly. ;)

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
If we get Robinson, Cassell Jr and Kasongo added to D Ham and Lubin, we are looking at a top 10 class.

Reaction Score
If we get Cassel and Kasongo added to D Ham and Lubin, we are looking at a top 10 class.
Cassel is post grad/jc and lubin and kasongo aren't ranked on any service. It will be a very good class that addresses a lot of needs for us but you're delusional if you think that is a top 10 class. Throw in Robinson and you have more of an argument

Reaction Score
Cassel is post grad/jc and lubin and kasongo aren't ranked on any service. It will be a very good class that addresses a lot of needs for us but you're delusional if you think that is a top 10 class. Throw in Robinson and you have more of an argument

I would have to see the rest of them to say anyone is delusional...........but no matter it would be very solid as they touched on all their requirements, Top 10 or not!

D

Deleted member 3149

If we get Robinson, Cassell Jr and Kasongo added to D Ham and Lubin, we are looking at a top 10 class.
1. Cassel 2. Purvis 3. D-Ham 4. Kasongo 5. Lubin

The Fab5

Reaction Score

The recruiting services are very inaccurate for several reasons. 1) the competition that a player plays against varies enormously between players. the only real comparisons are at AAU events which doesn't exactly simulate a competitive college basketball game. 2) some put significant weight on potential to succeed as a professional. So measurables matter a lot in the rankings. Hence why someone like Mandeldove was ranked. 3) if a player is not a standout player by the end of his sophmore season than he is unlikely to EVER be ranked in the top 100 unless he comes on like crazy. There are 10s of thousands of high school basketball players and yet the top 100 barely changes from the end of sophomore year to the end of senior year. It would be an absolute anomaly if even 75% of the players in the top 100 were the same from mid way through high school until the end of it. and yet it seems to be 75%+ stays the same EVERY year. This is an absolute joke.
I think we will get some guys that will make a major impact in college.

Reaction Score
Good post sportsman

I would also look at the recent NBA draft to test this hypothesis.

The second player drafted, Oladipo, was unranked.
In the top 10, you also had Alex Len and CJ McCollum who were unranked.
In the second 10, you had Tony Snell, Gorgui Dieng, Shane Larkin and Kelly Olnyk, all unranked.
That's 7 of the top 20 who were unranked. 10 of the top 20 were ranked.

Anthony Bennett #7
Otto Porter #42
Cody Zeller #14
Nerlens Noel #1
Ben McLemore #49
Caldwell-Pope #24
Trey Burke #84
Shabazz Muhammad #2
Steven Adams #6
Michael Carter-Williams #21

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Make this UConn fan happy, both commit today, then work together on bringing Robinson here. #Tentoesin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom