Cashman's pitching record | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cashman's pitching record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know you mean Gary. I think he was the reason that they traded Jesus. Has his hitting ability but is a much better defender at his point of development. Yanks have set themselves up at catcher very well.

Yankee amateur scouting in the states is not that good.

Reaction Score
Great performance by Kuroda last night. That's a win 9 times out of 10.

Cashman is one of the top 5 GM's in baseball. The attacks on his judgement always have been, and continue to be, completely asinine. Once Tampa finally gave him full control over player development, the Yankees went from a crap farm system to one of the top ones in baseball, DESPITE drafting from the basement of the first round- WHEN THEY HAD a first round pick.

Remember how everyone thought the Yankees were insane to draft Bichette Jr. so early? And for being so high on Gerrit Cole? Hmm?

Who's laughing now?
Cashman isn't close to top 5 in baseball. what are you basing that on? He's had the top payroll in baseball for the last 10 years and has one WS to show for it....and that was after he dropped a half billion on 3 guys during the worst economic year since the Great Depression.
He gets no credit for CC, he had to overpay him by 40 mil to bribe him to come to NY and then he put a stupid opt out clause that allowed a fatter and older CC to extend his contract two more years at 25 mil per year or whatever it was when he'll be like 36 and 37.... as if offering CC 40 mil more than the next highest bidder wasn't enough to get him to come to NY.

dante bichette jr is getting a taste of the lower A level and his clock is getting cleaned. He's also got hands of stone as a 3B. They're going to have to move him to OF and just hope he develops. But as their 1st pick, it was a stupid pick. they could have gotten him 1-2 rounds down at least.
Do you give Cashman credit for wasting the careers of Hughes and Joba? They were extremely hyped pitching prospects that have turned out to be nothing more than 7th inning pitchers. I mean doesn't Cashman get at least a little bit of credit for destroying their SP careers, or is he just Teflon Brian?
If you want to get good insight on the decision making of Cashman, look no further than Mistress Gate.

Reaction Score
Dewayne Wise................seriously? He is the best player the Yanks could call up? He may be the worst player in baseball.
.220 /.257 /.375 slash line. 34 years old now on his 7th team. Cashman is doing a hell of job.

Reaction Score
Yankee amateur scouting in the states is not that good.
You need to distinguish between "scouting" and "draft position." The Yankees first pick in the 2011 draft was # 50. You're not going to get a Bryce Harper or Steven Strasburg that late.

Reaction Score
Scouting at any position in the draft is not good. Outside of Pettitte they haven't
produced a front line starter in 15+ years. I realize you won't get a Harper or Strasburg
in their draft position, but there is still enough available amateur talent to do a better job.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Dewayne Wise................seriously? He is the best player the Yanks could call up? He may be the worst player in baseball.
.220 /.257 /.375 slash line. 34 years old now on his 7th team. Cashman is doing a hell of job.
He was put on the roster to shore up OF defense until the regular LF is ready. Most adults knew that.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Scouting at any position in the draft is not good. Outside of Pettitte they haven't
produced a front line starter in 15+ years. I realize you won't get a Harper or Strasburg
in their draft position, but there is still enough available amateur talent to do a better job.
So you have given up on Hughes and Nova? They are starting to look like front line starters to me.. Not to mention the front line starters they have used to get players like Granderson.

Reaction Score
So you have given up on Hughes and Nova? They are starting to look like front line starters to me.. Not to mention the front line starters they have used to get players like Granderson.
They are works in progress- no where near finished products.

Reaction Score
Some of Cash's moves were terrible - see AJ. Some of the moves mentioned here had nothing to do with him. The Jay Buhner trade was made by George. But it's truly apples and oranges comparing NY and TB. As terrific as he's been, TB's GM might be fired by now in NY for not winning a WS. And I'm sure he doesn't have all the guys who historically have been second-guessing him in the owner's ears, and actually making moves (see Soriano) over his objections. It's ALWAYS about this year in NY, and that enormously influences decisions, for better or worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom