Casey Cochran offically a Husky | The Boneyard

Casey Cochran offically a Husky

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Nice to have it confirmed. Welcome aboard Casey...look forward to seeing what you can do on the field...and what you can do to help UConn keep more in state talent!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
"It's an amazing feeling to be able to stay home," Cochran said. "Not many college football players get the option to stay at home and play football at this level for their state team. Being able to do that is a great thing. There's a certain amount of proud that you get playing for home state, you're playing for something else. I'm so excited for that part of it."

Outside of the typo (proud/pride), this is exactly the type of quote I like to see.

Reaction Score
Awesome!...now we can all breath a semi-sigh of relief that some of our needs are officially filled

I think that with Cochran inking it for four year at least shores up the QB position for two to three years, along with Chandler Whitmer (who I think will start for us next year), hopefully Casey and Mike will redshirt (assuming he agrees) and then we are looking extremely deep at QB for the next four to five years....although as they say, you can never have too many QBs

Reaction Score
Welcome Casey. If I'm not mistaken, that means for our 2012 class, our first two official letters are for QB's.

That's nice. :)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
good news as both qbs will be on campus in 2 weeks. anyone know is our rb joe signed his loi? he would be a janurary guy also right? i'm worried psu would make a late push.

Reaction Score
That is exactly how a recruit should handle their recruitment and signing. Gracious, appreciative and classy. Did not need the hats, long speech, drama, etc. A lot of kids should take note.

Welcome aboard Casey!

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Hats are cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
For all the Jack Cochran takes, his son seems to have turned out to be a real humble and level-headed young man. Congrats Casey and family, congrats Coach P, and congrats UConn.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Welcome to UConn, Casey.

Nice to keep in state players and I think no matter what he will compete for the starting position soon

Reaction Score
Yes great opportunity for casey. Wish him the best. He's a great kid.
By the way, ansonia quarterback Elliot chudwick has accepted invite to play at milford academy next year. He is one only 60 kids of 300 apps accepted by bill Chaplik to play there next year, one of only three quarterbacks. Grades not the issue, stats bigger issue. Will keep you guys posted.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Yes great opportunity for casey. Wish him the best. He's a great kid.
By the way, ansonia quarterback Elliot chudwick has accepted invite to play at milford academy next year. He is one only 60 kids of 300 apps accepted by bill Chaplik to play there next year, one of only three quarterbacks. Grades not the issue, stats bigger issue. Will keep you guys posted.

cool news, any other ct kids going to the 3rdbass so far?

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
He's gonna do great things for us. Spring Ball will be here before we know it!

Reaction Score
There may be some additional ansonia kids but no word yet. They are very selective. They have eight guys in the nfl right now including jets and eagles running backs. Two thirds of their kids end up with full boats to D1 or D 1aa schools. Again will keep you guys posted. Their season begins in August.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
This board is familiar with Milford Academy (their halfback had committed to play here next year but failed to qualify). They churn out D1 players regularly. In the past, I don't believe our staff ever got players from there but the new staff has already shown that they have a relationship with the coaches at Milford.

It can be hard to find out what high school players are going there though without people that know them directly or are involved in Milford's program so if you can provide any information it would be awesome.

Reaction Score
Well again will keep you guys posted on what I know as I know it. Will break the bubble and admit el is my son. They live a spartan existence for four months--only school and football, lights out at 10 pm. Last year they had 92 coaches on site for their end of year scrimmage.

Reaction Score
Glad you decided to come to UConn, Casey! You won't regret it! Actually was the only school I applied to and, thankfully, was accepted.

Reaction Score
U-C-O-N................uh, we need another N there Mr. sportcaster.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
Wow, didn't know he also had an offer from Iowa. They must have come after him late.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so we beat out 2 bcs schools for our 3* qb becuase HE WANTED TO PLAY FOR HIS HOME STATE!!!!!!!

these are the kids we were all waiting for. P 's first year in ct/ne has been at worst on par with rangoon. next year will be a huge class, time will tell if the fence was really built.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know that what matters is on field results, but props to Coach P. We need help at QB and in his 1st class he gets the best local QB and a promising JUCO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom