Caron Traded from Detroit to Milwaukee | The Boneyard

Caron Traded from Detroit to Milwaukee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Caron is from Wisconsin, and the Bucks did make the playoffs this past season, so this may be a nice landing spot for him. He played half a season for the Bucks two years ago before being traded to Oklahoma City. Caron can be a good mentor to this young and talented Bucks team. They've got a couple young wing guys - Jabari Parker and Giannis Antetokounmpo - who can turn into stars, and Caron can be a great role model for them.

On the other hand, I like this trade for Detroit too. Ilyasova will be a nice fit next to Drummond. Ilyasova is a stretch-4 and will allow Drummond to have the paint to himself on offense; somewhere he excels as one of the greatest offensive rebounders the game has ever seen. Drummond has grabbed at least 437 offensive board each of the past two years (9th and 11th most all-time respectively, and he's just 21!), and no other player this millennium has even surpassed 400. With Stan Van Gundy operating a 4-out-1-in scheme, Dwight Howard dominated the NBA. Now, he's trying the same with Drummond in Detroit.

Reaction Score
Well, now it's looking like this may have just been a salary dump for Milwaukee and Caron may have his team option declined, allowing him to go play for a contender.

Reaction Score
Nice for Caron, are we thinking he will retire there this time? I kind of thought that was the plan when he landed there a couple of years ago

EDIT: I guess not....

Reaction Score
Caron will get waived though I believe that's why they made the trade.

Reaction Score
Sweet, a 'mini' Lebron move. Good for Caron, now help your city get that Championship.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Caron will get waived though I believe that's why they made the trade.
That's correct. By getting rid of Ilyasova for two unguaranteed contracts, the Bucks now have maximum cap flexibility. Zach Lowe covered this in a column a while back - basically guaranteeing they'd get rid of Ilyasova.

Dude's a perfect fit in Detroit, btw. @jfuchs91 is 100% right about that.

I think the Pistons are going to be good next year.

Reaction Score
Definitely changes detroit's approach in the draft. I was thinking they'd be going after a guy like kaminksy to get that skilled 4 that doesn't operate in the post so drummond could own the paint. Now they could really use some more shooters/scorers at the 2g, because as long as they start caldwell-pope they are in trouble

Reaction Score
Definitely changes detroit's approach in the draft. I was thinking they'd be going after a guy like kaminksy to get that skilled 4 that doesn't operate in the post so drummond could own the paint. Now they could really use some more shooters/scorers at the 2g, because as long as they start caldwell-pope they are in trouble

Because of Drummond I follow the Pistons quite extensively and wrote an overview of the prospects they'd look at here.

Essentially, Detroit will likely draft a small forward unless Porzingis unexpectedly fell to them. Fortunately, given where they'll be drafting, the best player available will also likely align with the team's needs. I expect they'll probably end up with one of Justise Winslow or Mario Hezonja.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Essentially, Detroit will likely draft a small forward unless Porzingis unexpectedly fell to them. Fortunately, given where they'll be drafting, the best player available will also likely align with the team's needs. I expect they'll probably end up with one of Justise Winslow or Mario Hezonja.
Good chance both of those guys are gone by No. 7.

Who do you have as the next-best wing on the board? Johnson had early buzz, but I'm not sure he's an NBA shooter. Oubre lacks motor and IQ. Booker... he looks the part, but was so low-usage in college that it's tough to project him. Dekker has "bust" written all over him.

Thoughts?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score

Who do you have as the next-best wing on the board? Johnson had early buzz, but I'm not sure he's an NBA shooter. Oubre lacks motor and IQ. Booker... he looks the part, but was so low-usage in college that it's tough to project him. Dekker has "bust" written all over him.

Thoughts?
Booker is a 2 and nothing more. Totally disagree on Dekker. I think he could be a steal. Has the size, shooting ability, and athleticism to excel at the next level. He is a legit 6'9 with a 7' wingspan and he is skilled.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Totally disagree on Dekker. I think he could be a steal. Has the size, shooting ability, and athleticism to excel at the next level. He is a legit 6'9 with a 7' wingspan and he is skilled.
Low steal & blocks totals are red flags. As is the fact that he shot less than 33% from college 3 his last two years, and less than 70% from the line for his career. No-step vert was 25.5 inches as well.

Bust.

Reaction Score

Thoughts?
I'm not so sure both will be gone. I envision some combination Towns, Okafor, Russell, Mudiay, and Porzingis going with the top 5 - though the Pistons would likely take any of those guys if they happened to fall (with maybe the exception of Mudiay).

Winslow and Hezonja are in that next tier of prospects, but I expect someone to bite on Cauley-Stein, and there's always a chance someone reaches on someone like Myles Turner or Cameron Payne. Regardless of who is taken before them, Detroit is situated well at 8.

After Winslow and Hezonja, it's really personal preference. Stanley Johnson is the guy listed next for most, but his shot mechanics need a lot of work and he's not quite as explosive athletically as I thought early in the season. Personally, two wing guys I really like are Johnson's teammate, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, and RJ Hunter from Georgia State. RHJ's offense is a work in progress, but both of those guys can fit the mold of the modern NBA: 6'6"+, versatile wing players who can contribute in a number of areas.

Booker intrigues me, but it's really hard to say given his limited role at UK. He's got good shooting form, but I'm not sure if he can get it off in more than just catch-and-shoot situations. As for Oubre, I'm personally not a big fan. He's got "upside," but strikes me as a bust. Justin Anderson intrigues me because he's got an NBA body and is an explosive athlete. Dekker won't be a star, but I do love his size on the wing and footwork on offense. His shot isn't broken, but he's got some work to do to become consistent, especially from NBA range.

Reaction Score
Low steal & blocks totals are red flags. As is the fact that he shot less than 33% from college 3 his last two years, and less than 70% from the line for his career. No-step vert was 25.5 inches as well.

Bust.

Agree completely on Dekker. He screams bust to me.

Reaction Score

Bust.

His vert was that low? Wow. I always thought of him as being a pretty explosive leaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom