Caron Butler | The Boneyard

Caron Butler

WaterDawg

Lurker Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
He’s been keeping busy. Apparently he also helped Sue Bird land that operations job with the nuggets...

“Not long after Bird led the Seattle Storm past the Washington Mystics in the WNBA finals, Connelly reached out to her through a mutual friend -- longtime NBA forward Caron Butler, a contemporary of Bird's at the University of Connecticut who played for Connelly with the Wizards before Connelly's move to Denver.”

Caron is definitely one of my favorite Huskies!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
He’s been keeping busy. Apparently he also helped Sue Bird land that operations job with the nuggets...

“Not long after Bird led the Seattle Storm past the Washington Mystics in the WNBA finals, Connelly reached out to her through a mutual friend -- longtime NBA forward Caron Butler, a contemporary of Bird's at the University of Connecticut who played for Connelly with the Wizards before Connelly's move to Denver.”

Caron is definitely one of my favorite Huskies!
If you haven't read his book Tuff Juice, you definitely should. Very engaging and inspiring. Should be a movie.

Reaction Score
Thats a pretty good story. I wonder if he is scheduled to broadcast any of our games this season? That would be fun. Its always nice to see UConn alums getting into broadcasting or coaching. Its good for the program. Caron was leading that 2002 team almost on the same level that Kemba was in 2011, but its just too bad they came up a little bit short. That Maryland Elite 8 game is in my top 5 most depressing losses as UConn fan. That team was so much fun to watch that year from the road win at Arizona, to the Big East and NCAA Tournament run.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
If you haven't read his book Tuff Juice, you definitely should. Very engaging and inspiring. Should be a movie.
I believe movie is the making with walhberg having a hand in production. Could be wrong, but I think something about this a while back.

CL82

Reaction Score
I believe movie is the making with walhberg having a hand in production. Could be wrong, but I think something about this a while back.
Me too, but I haven't heard anything since. I think playing Caron would be a reach for Walhberg. (Actually I think they were talking about Micheal B. Jordan, who would be great choice.)

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Me too, but I haven't heard anything since. I think playing Caron would be a reach for Walhberg. (Actually I think they were talking about Micheal B. Jordan, who would be great choice.)
I also heard the michael b jordan rumor. I think walhberg owns the rights to the movie or something like that.

Reaction Score
I find Caron gets forgotten. Maybe it's because he wasn't there in the beginning of our ascension, nor did he make a Final 4. But he was unbelievable his sophomore year and came close to carrying that team on his shoulders. Also, I don't think you can find a better ambassador for the school with the way he always handled himself as a pro. And that's not even factoring in the rehabilitation angle, which is itself amazing. Every once in a while you'll hear stories about what a great guy he is without posting all over social media.

Here is one that I remember getting a kick out of. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2007/05/a_caron_butler_surprise.html.

I'd put Caron in my top grouping of favorite Huskies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm watching that game and I hear somebody make a "head of the snake" reference. I'm thinking that's a little odd, haven't heard that in a while. Then play by play guy tells us he's working with "Caron Butler".

Well, I thought, that explains a lot :)

Always one of my favorite Huskies. Our run from mid February until the last minute Elite Eight loss to the eventual national champions was one of our best runs of all time. Caron carried Meka & MSG a long way, just not as far as Kemba carried his freshmen in 2011.

PS: It was all Selvie's fault :) What's up with John? anybody know?

Reaction Score
IMG_0759.JPG

Reaction Score
I hope his character’s name is Noah or Moses.

CL82

Reaction Score
"As long as I'm not doing anything, I don't have any problem going to anyone's birthday party. I'm not anti-social. It's good being around your fans."

Oh I am so having my wife invite him to my party next year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I find Caron gets forgotten. Maybe it's because he wasn't there in the beginning of our ascension, nor did he make a Final 4. But he was unbelievable his sophomore year and came close to carrying that team on his shoulders. Also, I don't think you can find a better ambassador for the school with the way he always handled himself as a pro. And that's not even factoring in the rehabilitation angle, which is itself amazing. Every once in a while you'll hear stories about what a great guy he is without posting all over social media.

Here is one that I remember getting a kick out of. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2007/05/a_caron_butler_surprise.html.

I'd put Caron in my top grouping of favorite Huskies.
His Elite 8 game vs Maryland is the best performance in a loss I can remember.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom