Caron Butler on the Players Tribune | The Boneyard

Caron Butler on the Players Tribune

Reaction Score
@tcf15 - fuller context
"I stayed away from the coach conversation for a while...me and my family gave endowments and continue to support UConn because it is dear to our hearts...and this is first time I've talked about this publicly...the way that Kevin Ollie was treated and the way that he was handled I've stayed like an arm length from the organization and the University for some time...hopefully that changes...I think that all of us from Ray to Taliek Brown who is on bench right now we are trying to collectively come back together and heal those wounds but I think that Kevin Ollie has to be done and taken care of accordingly before we can move forward."

Reaction Score
I understand the unity and whatnot, but I genuinely don't understand how anyone with any sense of professionalism can support Kevin Ollie TWO years later still.. I just don't get it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
"I stayed away from the coach conversation for a while...me and my family gave endowments and continue to support UConn because it is dear to our hearts...and this is first time I've talked about this publicly...the way that Kevin Ollie was treated and the way that he was handled I've stayed like an arm length from the organization and the University for some time...hopefully that changes...I think that all of us from Ray to Taliek Brown who is on bench right now we are trying to collectively come back together and heal those wounds but I think that Kevin Ollie has to be done and taken care of accordingly before we can move forward."
Yes, I remember that, and I get the impression that his thoughts on that matter aren't fully settled, but it's clear here that he sees the historical moment for what it is, and feels he can keep the matters separate to make a differenc, and perhaps even point out where they might be related.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When is the movie coming out?
Don't know but as of Nov. 2019 it was still a thing. Mark Wahlberg is going to produce it. Link to SI article

The conversation is funny (as Caron always is) and interesting. There's a lot of good stuff in there but this may be my favorite quote:

SI: I wanted to ask you something I read about your past—are you still addicted to Mountain Dew?

Butler: Oh, no. Far from it. I’ve been off of it for a long, long time. Pivoted to another space where I’m trying to eat healthier, drink healthier, live a healthier lifestyle. The same way you look at financial literacy, the way you want to pass on the generational wealth and riches to your family, that also means habits. You want to pass on healthy habits. My wife and I pride ourselves on passing on healthy habits to our kids.

That just makes me smile and think he's come of long way from Racine.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I understand the unity and whatnot, but I genuinely don't understand how anyone with any sense of professionalism can support Kevin Ollie TWO years later still.. I just don't get it.
Loyalty to a brother can be blind. How about if both sides agreed to not be so polarized and meet in the middle. Like politics in the USA should be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom