Caron Butler on Pardon My Take | The Boneyard

Caron Butler on Pardon My Take

Reaction Score
The one criticism I have with Calhoun was his reluctance to speak his mind......lol. Love ’n guy!

Reaction Score
Max Goode. That was pretty well known at the time.
Were you around the 'yard then? It was a steady topic of conversation here. Then when we DID get him, the NCAA got all itchy-twitchy about how he got to prep school, etc.

I was around 10 years old when Caron arrived at UConn, so no boneyardin for me quiet yet lol. I’m just surprised I hadn’t stumbled upon that info anywhere else previously.

Coincidentally, it was his freshman year I attended my first UConn game.

Reaction Score
So..How can we build bridges with a great dude like Caron so that he would want to show his financial appreciation for the great time he had in Storrs??

Reaction Score
So..How can we build bridges with a great dude like Caron so that he would want to show his financial appreciation for the great time he had in Storrs??

From what I've read from Caron, he will hold off on coming back to the university while the KO thing is done. After that? We'll see.

From another thread, I forget the original source but as long as the KO thing is hanging out there Caron is going to hold off from being involved with the university. Hurley has made overtures to him already to come back to campus, but he is waiting it out for now. It sounds like Hurley and co. are doing what they can to get alumni involved and back to campus as we have seen already between Kemba, Shabazz, Jalen, Kentan, Brimah, Drummond, Shonn Miller, Gibbs, and other alumni back to campus in his first two years already. Hopefully the KO thing comes to a conclusion soon so we can get legends like CB back to Storrs.

Reaction Score
From another thread, I forget the original source but as long as the KO thing is hanging out there Caron is going to hold off from being involved with the university. Hurley has made overtures to him already to come back to campus, but he is waiting it out for now. It sounds like Hurley and co. are doing what they can to get alumni involved and back to campus as we have seen already between Shabazz, Jalen, Kentan, Brimah, Drummond, Shonn Miller, Gibbs, and other alumni back to campus in his first two years already. Hopefully the KO thing comes to a conclusion soon so we can get legends like CB back to Storrs.
Agreed..There are more NBA guys.. UConn alumni.. Who should be doing the right thing for their college as other NBA guys are doing for their schools.. Advancing the brand of their school and showing their appreciation. In a word..gratitude..

Reaction Score
Love hearing how he walked right into the "racine hood" and made his family buy into UConn and JC being right for Caron. ".....Need to be part of that fabric and culture" That's some powerful stuff!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Were you around the 'yard then? It was a steady topic of conversation here. Then when we DID get him, the NCAA got all itchy-twitchy about how he got to prep school, etc.

Maine Central Institute (MCI), right?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Maine Central Institute (MCI), right?
Yeah, and here's the story on the NCAA getting all wonky -- which they didn't do until after he committed to UConn.

Reaction Score
Come on you want the guy around for financial reasons..........sad

Reaction Score
Come on you want the guy around for financial reasons..........sad
S.O.P. to work with successful alumni/former employees/coaches/entrepreneurs towards meeting some of the financial challenges of an institution.. In the case of pro athletes.. It is frequently done in some way/shape/or form at other schools..Of course you would have to be philanthropically motivated for some reason for this to be of interest.. Calhoun/Werth/Gampel come to mind at UConn

Last edited:
Reaction Score
S.O.P. to work with successful alumni/former employees/coaches/entrepreneurs towards meeting some of the financial challenges of an institution.. In the case of pro athletes.. It is frequently done in some way/shape/or form at other schools..Of course you would have to be philanthropically motivated for some reason for this to be of interest.. Calhoun/Werth/Gampel come to mind at UConn
I just find it wrong to want a guy to come around not because he’s a great guy or good for the program but because you want something from him

Reaction Score
I just find it wrong to want a guy to come around not because he’s a great guy or good for the program but because you want something from him
Caron is just an example..Why does UConn have Ray A as a Board Member for the UConn Foundation?? I was responding to a post saying that Caron and others were holding back coming back on campus. ..DH is trying to build bridges with former players.. I actually think its sad that they wouldn't want to positively impact future generations of students and athletes at their former schools by giving back..Different strokes..

Reaction Score
Caron is just an example..Why does UConn have Ray A as a Board Member for the UConn Foundation?? I was responding to a post saying that Caron and others were holding back coming back on campus. ..DH is trying to build bridges with former players.. I actually think its sad that they wouldn't want to positively impact future generations of students and athletes at their former schools by giving back..Different strokes..
He will be back when the time is right, and I’ll be happy to see him if he brings his check book or not

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom