CAROLINE: Put some respect on her name!! | The Boneyard

CAROLINE: Put some respect on her name!!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Any UCONN opponent employing a zone defense next season will face Paige, Azzi, and Caroline, UCONN's basketball version of Whitefeather, Reaper, and the "Michael Jordan of Shooting."

1619900245304.png

"Who is going to win the 3 point contest?" (camera dude)
...... Me of course! (some player forgetting who is in the house!)
"She is definitely winning. She got it." (finger pointed at Caroline by another player in the know!)

please don’t use all caps. It’s the Internet equivalent of shouting - HuskyNan

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
She looks like the consistant 3 point shooter that the Huskies are lacking at the wing. She, Paige, and Azzi will be hard to guard from beyond the arc.
I love her shot of course that coupled with her size is going to make her a tough to defend player. You could have a great defensive effort and still give up 90pts to this team!!

Reaction Score
I wouldn't judge Saylor by her performance in half a year coming in as a 17 year old. She gets a FR do-over this season. And yes, she is a good shooter from distance.
If we ever wind up in an end of game situation where we need a three on the last possession, I would have Saylor at the 4, Dorka at the 5, then Carolyn (3), Azzi (2), and Paige at the 1.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I wouldn't judge Saylor by her performance in half a year coming in as a 17 year old. She gets a FR do-over this season. And yes, she is a good shooter from distance.
Some people have no clue. That statement the poster made was not fair. Once she is fully recovered from her injury, there is a good chance Saylor will be a very effective scorer for UConn, joining Caroline as a freshman.

Reaction Score
Some people have no clue. That statement the poster made was not fair. Once she is fully recovered from her injury, there is a good chance Saylor will be a very effective scorer for UConn, joining Caroline as a freshman.
I hope you are right. We never really have a full understanding of where players are health wise. Examples being Evinas Knee, Paiges ankle, Saylors hip? We’d need to see a very big jump from Saylor, but that could definitely happen over the next few years.

I think Ducharme will be one of those freshman who gets around 10-12 mpg. During her sophomore season, I see her evolving into a similar player to Katie Lou and getting a lot of minutes. Length at the wing position, who can handle the ball, pass, hit from the outside, and drive to the basket. I’m excited to watch her play.

Reaction Score
No judgement ..merely an observation.

Reaction Score
With all the accolades Fudd got, this kid somehow slid a bit under the radar. She appears a very unassuming, modest young lady, that will rip your eye outs then smile at you after she buries a 3 pointer in your face! Love it.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I have to admit, I wasn't really that excited about Caroline when she first gave her commitment. At the time I think she was ranked #15 by ESPN, than all of a sudden everyone starts singing her praises, saying how improved she was over the summer. Instantly her ranking changed to #5, coinciding with a change of rating firms by ESPN. I'm asking myself, is she really that good? I only saw a couple of her high school games, and those were really not impressive, not specifically her, but the teams as a whole, just hard to watch. The light started to turn on when I witnessed her beating Azzi in the national 3 Pt contest, and Caroline just continued by wiping out the boys champ. Again I was thinking, is she that good? Now I am totally excited, not only winning the SLAM 3 Pt contest, but winning the 1 on 1 event as well. My goodness, I am totally excited about all three new players, knowing full well that they all can make a difference next year. I didn't think I could feel better about next year, can't wait. Just want to say I didn't include Saylor only because she didn't have a senior year to impress, but my hopes are as high as ever that she will step up and take her place as a valuable member of our squad.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
Ah, at last, a thread that stays on topic, does not resort to snarks and sniping, and is entirely supportive. See, we can do it! BTW, I coached against Caroline's school's team many years ago.

Reaction Score
Ah, at last, a thread that stays on topic, does not resort to snarks and sniping, and is entirely supportive. See, we can do it! BTW, I coached against Caroline's school's team many years ago.
Don't get your hopes up. That core group is out there just watching and waiting to pounce. All it takes is one and it's off the rails. ;)

Reaction Score
No disrespect, I see Caroline as the replacement for CW once CW graduates. That means Caroline is a full year away. That would put Paige, Azzi, and Caroline in the starting back court with Nika first off the bench. Saylor as the extra guard.

Reaction Score
No disrespect, I see Caroline as the replacement for CW once CW graduates. That means Caroline is a full year away. That would put Paige, Azzi, and Caroline in the starting back court with Nika first off the bench. Saylor as the extra guard.
Maybe more of a replacement for Evina. Regardless if Paige, Azzi and Carolyn are in together, height wise Azzi is the SG and Carolyn the SF. From that perspective the skill-set Carolyn is most replacing is Anna.

Reaction Score
Maybe more of a replacement for Evina. Regardless if Paige, Azzi and Carolyn are in together, height wise Azzi is the SG and Carolyn the SF. From that perspective the skill-set Carolyn is most replacing is Anna.
Who is Carolyn?

Reaction Score
I guess players will take new roles by then. Paige at the point, Azzi at the 2, and Caroline on the wing. Yes, Evina and CW will be gone. Nika will back up Paige and Saylor on the wing. Too far in the future to get too locked in as the transfer rules allow a team to change overnight.

Reaction Score
This incoming class is outstanding but they will be cheerleaders more than contributors because of the array of talent ahead of them. Both freshmen wings need to get into the weight room. If they are to play more than just zone busters they will have to rebound and while Edwards is only an inch taller than they in height her shoulders are 5 inches wider. They will have a year to work because there are too many upperclassmen ahead of them at the 3 and Bueckers/Fudd/Mühl will dominate the back court.
But if they do play with Bueckers and Fudd they should get a lot of really good looks from behind the arc, like KLS got her freshman season. There is no defense when teams are tossing in 3's from 8 feet behind the arc . Bueckers Fudd & Ducharme could become the "bomb squad".

Reaction Score
Caroline impresses me with her perseverance and her desire to be great. It is the number one trait that all great players have. Her shooting, passing rebounding will help her get on the court. Defense is something Geno will teach all incoming freshmen and the ones that pick it up as well as the offense are the ones to get on the court. Can't wait to see the results. Go Huskies!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I hope you are right. We never really have a full understanding of where players are health wise. Examples being Evinas Knee, Paiges ankle, Saylors hip? We’d need to see a very big jump from Saylor, but that could definitely happen over the next few years.

I think Ducharme will be one of those freshman who gets around 10-12 mpg. During her sophomore season, I see her evolving into a similar player to Katie Lou and getting a lot of minutes. Length at the wing position, who can handle the ball, pass, hit from the outside, and drive to the basket. I’m excited to watch her play.
if she shoots 35% plus from three she will certainly get minutes as the designated zone breaker.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom