Caroline NOT in the dog house...

Reaction Score
8 mins
2-3 FG
4 pts
2 assists
1 reb
0 fouls
1 TURNOVER (OH MY GOSH -some folks acting like she is falling apart..LOL)

Winning is the most important thing and trust Geno but still wondering why all starters getting over 30 mins and he cant get 2nd all conference 15-20 mins.... i just think it would help starters if nothing else.
The 8 minutes she provided helped the starters win the game.

Reaction Score
Everyone has their opinion. Mine is that she is physically fine. She played pretty well both defending and on offense. The thing is; who do you take out for her? Not Williams; not Edwards, not AZZI ( though her shooting was mostly terrible ) ; not Paige and not LIV or Edwards. And Muhl is the sub for Paige; Also, you have a steady senior in Westbrook who needs minutes. So CD got little court time to do her thing. The same was true for Dorka. Who has been great up to now, but Geno saw too much productivity from Liv and Edwards. Geno said that different players need more court time than others to " settle in" and get their machinery working. But in the Big Dance, the luxury of time to do that does not exist. He didn't mention Caroline, but he may have been referring to her ( maybe Westbrook as well ). We'll never know. But I don't get the sense that her injury is holding her back. Nor is she in a dog house.
You can take out almost anyone for 2-3 mins stretches for her. Its a win win to get them rest and if Azzi for instance could have gotten a seat for a few mins maybe she has better legs or reflects to get shot back on track. She was the goto at one point and only lost starting spot because of injury. She is far from perfect but a complete player. What makes her unique is Caroline can score in a variety of ways including down low.

Im glad we are winning, its what we are here for, but starting tomorrow the competition is bigger and better. Using our depth "I think" is something i think will allow us to keep evryone's motor running at 100% and give us a leg up in Q4.

mudblood

Incorrigible optimist
Reaction Score
:p Conspiracy theory much?
No. The article that the OP is referring to essentially implies that the medical staff decided that her injury doesn’t meet the criteria to be written down as S06.0X0A code by ICD-10-CM (there’s some wiggle room in how you interpret those)… and as consequence will have a more flexible management protocol…

Reaction Score
Everyone has their opinion. Mine is that she is physically fine. She played pretty well both defending and on offense. The thing is; who do you take out for her? Not Williams; not Edwards, not AZZI ( though her shooting was mostly terrible ) ; not Paige and not LIV or Edwards. And Muhl is the sub for Paige; Also, you have a steady senior in Westbrook who needs minutes. So CD got little court time to do her thing. The same was true for Dorka. Who has been great up to now, but Geno saw too much productivity from Liv and Edwards. Geno said that different players need more court time than others to " settle in" and get their machinery working. But in the Big Dance, the luxury of time to do that does not exist. He didn't mention Caroline, but he may have been referring to her ( maybe Westbrook as well ). We'll never know. But I don't get the sense that her injury is holding her back. Nor is she in a dog house.
Although I don't like it, this is a very good analysis. I don't like it because Caroline has become my favorite player this year. It is very painful for me to see her playing time become almost non-existent. It's hard to see a player who has meant so much to the success of this team, relegated to the far end of the bench.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Caroline will get major minutes throughout the year next year. This is college basketball. Seniors graduate and freshmen get more time in the rotation when they are sophomores.

Reaction Score
I love Caroline's game and the way she carried the team through the worst weeks of the season.

If -- as seems evident from the two games in Bridgeport --she has been relegated to Piath and Amari status (especially when Aubrey comes back), then she may have a decision to make about her future. I suspect there are some decent teams out there that could find a starting spot for her. I'd be sorry to see her go, but would have to understand.
Seriously? We win one of the most epic games ever and this is what you came here to post? Some people know how to suck the joy out of everything.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom