Caroline NOT in the dog house... | The Boneyard

Caroline NOT in the dog house...

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thank you for starting this thread. Caroline has not been the same player since getting banged up two games in a row and suffering a concussion resulting in her missing games. Concussion are tricky to return from- please give her some time.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Thank you for starting this thread. Caroline has not been the same player since getting banged up two games in a row and suffering a concussion resulting in her missing games. Concussion are tricky to return from- please give her some time.
I'm somewhat in the middle on this. I know coach CD mentioned at one point she was still getting back to 100 percent. But I think her role completely changed and still maybe changing. Given limited minutes though (less than 23 the past 10 games and less than 20 in half of those games) i think she's been fine. I guess, to most people's point, she may have been playing her best ball of the season (St. Johns and Depaul road games) a little before the injury. But then she got hit in consecutive games (those games, specifically the Providence game, I don't think she played great), and then she's come back and hasn't had a huge game, but I think she's contributed well. Even in the first game vs Mercer I thought she played well. I guess my opinion is that I don't really think it's the injury that is slowing her down, and I'm sure she can contribute in a big way in future games

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I watched the UConn at Creighton replay last night, the famous "Caroline and the trash can" game. I still can't believe that she got an elbow to the head and was called for the foul. Should of been a foul on both of them (if she actually fouled the Creighton player). Oh well...

Reaction Score
Because of Caroline’s success and great play when the Huskies were REALLY hurting, I guess we forget that she is, after all, a freshman and still learning the game and Geno’s system.
Partly the “Paige effect”
She was so phenomenal from the start that the bar has been forever set for all newbies.
Caroline’s head injury didn’t help.
She’s just too d___d talented to just disappear.
Look for Geno to pick the time and situation for her to make an impact against the Hoosiers.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Because of Caroline’s success and great play when the Huskies were REALLY hurting, I guess we forget that she is, after all, a freshman and still learning the game and Geno’s system.
Partly the “Paige effect”
She was so phenomenal from the start that the bar has been forever set for all newbies.
Caroline’s head injury didn’t help.
She’s just too d___d talented to just disappear.
Look for Geno to pick the time and situation for her to make an impact against the Hoosiers.
we can only hope.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just a thought, maybe as a Freshman she's sub-consciously "Yielding" to her peers????
It was pretty much a case of Azzi was playing great, so was Aaliyah. Evina settled the team down after it go too hyped up by the crowd. So, who do you pull - Paige? Geno is trying to get her back into game shape. It was just the flow of this particular game that there were no minutes for Caroline.

Reaction Score
Geno is a wizard. Defenses are going to plan for certain match-ups (Paige, Christyn and Azzi specifically) and then BAM. He's going to release Ducharme and she's going to make them pay in every way. I like this tactic. He does not have to show his whole hand in the first rounds. Ducharme will get hers.

Reaction Score
I don't think Caroline is in the dog house either. And I'm not so sure that she is really a different player than she was before the head injury. She may be one of these kids who "gets going when the going gets tough". With the return of all starters she hasn't really been called upon to do too much. Assuming we continue to win and move forward, I wouldn't be surprised if she has another "breakout" game (I'm sure someone on the BY won't miss the opportunity to point out that you can only really have one 'breakout" game) if the need arises and she has the opportunity. So, I'm not a medical doctor so I'm not ruling out the possibility of a head injury and I don't need a lecture on the residual effects of a TBI. I'm simply saying that the strength of her performance may have a strong psychological component to it that will manifest itself when called upon. I'm pretty sure that's what we saw midseason in contrast with her very Freshman-like performance earlier in the season.

Reaction Score
Both Nika and Caroline Ducharme were having foul issues against UCF and became a liability in that game as both had been missing foul shots recently. Combined with the play of others that kept them on the bench for that game. They are needed healthy for tomorrows game and the larger guard and the motor playing against a more classical team. It could be a great time for both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom