Caroline Ducharme question | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I noticed in the game last night against DePaul that Caroline was wearing colored foam ear plugs, not ear buds or AirPods like Geno would allow that on the bench lol. I wonder if that is related to the concussion protocol and the crowd noise?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I noticed in the game last night against DePaul that Caroline was wearing colored foam ear plugs, not ear buds or AirPods like Geno would allow that on the bench lol. I wonder if that is related to the concussion protocol and the crowd noise?
Have you been to a game at a good-sized arena lately? I always wear earplugs in such places; they're obnoxiously loud. I'm surprised all the players don't wear them.

(Huskyharry just answered the question more specifically.)

Reaction Score
Have you been to a game at a good-sized arena lately? I always wear earplugs in such places; they're obnoxiously loud. I'm surprised all the players don't wear them.

we were sitting right next to the Seton Hall band last week.......my ears are still ringing......

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

I just take the battery out of my left ear hearing aid. I wear cross hearing aid's, completely deaf in the right and have one for my hearing loss in the left. I transmits the sounds on my right to my left so I can hear sounds from my right side. With the battery missing on the left ear hearing aid I'm basically deaf.

Reaction Score
My question about Caroline is: " what is wrong?" She has been out a long time in " the concussion protocol." Is she still not able to tell the banana from the apple on the visual tests? Seriously, she was out long before Patterson ( same protocol) and remains " indefinite" as to when she might be cleared to play. And there is no hint that she will play against Tennessee. Does anyone have an answer? Is it related to the " neck thing?"

Reaction Score

Yes, and it’s not just the fans cheering and the band, it’s the obnoxious music that gets played at ear splitting decibel levels at every stoppage of play. You have to yell at the person next to you to have a conversation.

Reaction Score
My question about Caroline is: " what is wrong?" She has been out a long time in " the concussion protocol." Is she still not able to tell the banana from the apple on the visual tests? Seriously, she was out long before Patterson ( same protocol) and remains " indefinite" as to when she might be cleared to play. And there is no hint that she will play against Tennessee. Does anyone have an answer? Is it related to the " neck thing?"
Maybe

Reaction Score
I seem to recall there are something like 5 steps in the protocol. Does UConn give any info on where a player is in the progression, or they just announce during a game, "Ducharme in for Griffin" and that is when we know? Do we have boneyard spies at practice who can tell us she is shooting, she is practicing by herself, she is practicing with the team. If we don't have spies, we need to remedy this. Can we hire G. Gordon Liddy to break into her doctor's office. Unreasonable people want to know.

Reaction Score
Whether anyone has the answer or not I don't know. Geno said something about Caroline's situation being complicated, but then left it at that. Clearly though, the administration is treating injury information as a personal and privacy matter. There appears to be no attempt to provide anything beyond what is absolutely necessary to the media or fans.

I don't particularly agree with that approach, but it is what it is. We wind up finding out on a game by game basis. I have the same "what is wrong" reaction because it seems like it has been way past normal concussion protocol time periods, but whatever the situation is, I believe there is no desire to inform the public about health details, with personal privacy issues being the main reason why.

Reaction Score
Concussions are cumulative with each subsequent one .. she may need another week, a month or more…. Hopefully she will get better sooner than later but it is what it is….. in the old days we had our ” bell rung” then you got up and ran another down or play etc… we did not know what we know now about concussions.. I wonder about the many hits playing football many years ago …

Reaction Score
It would be nice to get some information from anyone that knows what's going on with Caroline. I am a king size fan of her and would love to see her play again. Caroline ha shown she has what it is to be a Huskie. There is so much potential in her to be great and it's frustrating to not see her play. GO CAROLINE!!! GO HUSKIES!!!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I just take the battery out of my left ear hearing aid. I wear cross hearing aid's, completely deaf in the right and have one for my hearing loss in the left. I transmits the sounds on my right to my left so I can hear sounds from my right side. With the battery missing on the left ear hearing aid I'm basically deaf.
My hearing aid volume control works well. The loudspeakers and music interludes are bad enough at the Rent. Totally mindblowing at Gampel and Hartford. I can’t decide if ear doctors are horrified by it or relishing new patients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom