Caroline Ducharme is officially BACK! Show some love - only available until Feb. 27! | The Boneyard

Caroline Ducharme is officially BACK! Show some love - only available until Feb. 27!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I don't normally try and speak for others, but..................in THIS case, I will. I'm pretty sure we're ALL (UConn fans) glad she's back. She adds some badly needed-scoring and minutes to our bench. Now our starters don't have to play as many minutes as before. Hopefully, those minutes can be extended in the next game or two. We only have 3 more games (St. John's, DePaul, and Xavier) after today. Enjoy the game. :cool:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Wouldn't that make it Ducharmeania? Cannot have "mean" in the advert for "Sweet Caroline" merch.

YKCornelius

Yukon to my friends
Reaction Score
I don't normally try and speak for others, but..................in THIS case, I will. I'm pretty sure we're ALL (UConn fans) glad she's back. She adds some badly needed-scoring and minutes to our bench. Now our starters don't have to play as many minutes as before. Hopefully, those minutes can be extended in the next game or two. We only have 3 more games (St. John's, DePaul, and Xavier) after today. Enjoy the game. :cool:
Carnac, I am certainly glad she is back. But not just because she brings additional scoring and quality minutes from our bench, which she certainly does. What is more valuable, I believe, is that she immediately changes the offensive mix on the floor, regardless of who she is in for. The challenges of facing the Huskies with various offensive combinations - not just with another outside shooter - will be a problem for most defenses, not just in the Big East, but nationally as well.

The same holds true - albeit to a lesser degree - on the defensive side. She allows the defense to flex and meet the opponent's offensive strengths. Caroline not only compliments her teammates defensive strengths, she fills in any defensive vulnerabilities that might exist against Big East teams that bring multiple big bodies or multiple long range shooters. Said differently, the end result is she can defend in the paint and out on the perimeter, which allows for strong defensive continuity from the five Huskies on the floor against opponents.

In short, in addition to minutes, Caroline brings versatility to both sides of the floor.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but at some point last year Caroline became my favorite player. Perhaps it was in that DePaul game, or the Louisville game. I mean, it's not like I don't love Paige and Azzi... and Aaliyah and Dorka and Nika... and Aubrey... and LOU! And I have a warm spot in my chest for Inês and Amari and Ayanna, too. And I'm holding spaces in my heart for Ice and Jana!

But there's just something about Caroline -- her shooting form looks weird, and she never seems quick enough in the paint as she blows by defenders, or does that unstoppable step-through move, and she blocks way more shots than you'd expect, and there was that one steal against Xavier (iirc) when she grabbed the ball at midcourt and flung it to a streaking Dorka without even setting her feet... I could go on. She has a little bit of magic in her, and I love watching her play.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Carnac, I am certainly glad she is back. But not just because she brings additional scoring and quality minutes from our bench, which she certainly does. What is more valuable, I believe, is that she immediately changes the offensive mix on the floor, regardless of who she is in for. The challenges of facing the Huskies with various offensive combinations - not just with another outside shooter - will be a problem for most defenses, not just in the Big East, but nationally as well.

The same holds true - albeit to a lesser degree - on the defensive side. She allows the defense to flex and meet the opponent's offensive strengths. Caroline not only compliments her teammates defensive strengths, she fills in any defensive vulnerabilities that might exist against Big East teams that bring multiple big bodies or multiple long range shooters. Said differently, the end result is she can defend in the paint and out on the perimeter, which allows for strong defensive continuity from the five Huskies on the floor against opponents.

In short, in addition to minutes, Caroline brings versatility to both sides of the floor.
I completely agree. She also brings an "ATTITUDE", moxie if you will. I like moxie!!! She looks for her shot and IS NOT afraid to shoot. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but at some point last year Caroline became my favorite player. Perhaps it was in that DePaul game, or the Louisville game. I mean, it's not like I don't love Paige and Azzi... and Aaliyah and Dorka and Nika... and Aubrey... and LOU! And I have a warm spot in my chest for Inês and Amari and Ayanna, too. And I'm holding spaces in my heart for Ice and Jana!

But there's just something about Caroline -- her shooting form looks weird, and she never seems quick enough in the paint as she blows by defenders, or does that unstoppable step-through move, and she blocks way more shots than you'd expect, and there was that one steal against Xavier (iirc) when she grabbed the ball at midcourt and flung it to a streaking Dorka without even setting her feet... I could go on. She has a little bit of magic in her, and I love watching her play.
I get it. That's the same way Moriah Jefferson became one of my favorite players. It happened during the 66-55 win @ Baylor on 1/13/2014.
She was everywhere and was just a royal pain in the butt to Baylor. One of the best games I saw her play in 4 years. She had 13,6,5,& 4 in 38 minutes.

1676737220362.png

No. 1 UConn ends Baylor's 69-game home winning streak. Jefferson is the only UConn player from Texas (Glenn Heights in the Dallas area). She had a breakaway layup and a 3-pointer for the first five Huskies points of the game. She then had a steal and stumbled but kept her balance long enough to scoop a pass to Hartley for a layup that made it 10-7.

WACO, Texas -- Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma was as anxious as anyone to see how his top-ranked Huskies would handle a close game. They responded in another streak-busting performance. Breanna Stewart made a short baseline jumper with 10½ minutes left, starting a game-ending 16-6 run after No. 7 Baylor had closed within one point, and the Huskies went on to a 66-55 victory Monday night to snap the Lady Bears' national-best 69-game home winning streak. There was certain possession that we had to win those possessions, and we did," Auriemma said. "Even though we were up the whole time, it never seemed liked it was going to get away from them. ... We were timely."

Stewart had 18 points and 11 rebounds in a matchup of the last two national champions. Defending champ UConn (18-0) won its closest game this season, having beaten their first five ranked opponents by an average margin of 22 points, with the closest being 17 points.
Moriah Jefferson had 13 points and Stefanie Dolson 10 for UConn, which has won 24 in a row overall. That matches the sixth-longest winning streak in school history and is their second 24-game winning streak since their record 90 in a row ended in December 2010.
Sims, who entered the contest with 31.8 points per game, finished with 20 points on only 4-of-25 shooting. She made all 10 of her free throws, none after halftime. She didn't score for the final 10:53 of the game (Moriah guarded her during the 2nd half). UConn was 40-0 that year. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get it. That's the same way Moriah Jefferson became one of my favorite players. It happened during the 66-55 win @ Baylor on 1/13/2014.
She was everywhere and was just a royal pain in the butt to Baylor. One of the best games I saw her play in 4 years. She had 13,6,5,& 4 in 38 minutes.

View attachment 84209
No. 1 UConn ends Baylor's 69-game home winning streak. Jefferson is the only UConn player from Texas (Glenn Heights in the Dallas area). She had a breakaway layup and a 3-pointer for the first five Huskies points of the game. She then had a steal and stumbled but kept her balance long enough to scoop a pass to Hartley for a layup that made it 10-7.

WACO, Texas -- Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma was as anxious as anyone to see how his top-ranked Huskies would handle a close game. They responded in another streak-busting performance. Breanna Stewart made a short baseline jumper with 10½ minutes left, starting a game-ending 16-6 run after No. 7 Baylor had closed within one point, and the Huskies went on to a 66-55 victory Monday night to snap the Lady Bears' national-best 69-game home winning streak. There was certain possession that we had to win those possessions, and we did," Auriemma said. "Even though we were up the whole time, it never seemed liked it was going to get away from them. ... We were timely."

Stewart had 18 points and 11 rebounds in a matchup of the last two national champions. Defending champ UConn (18-0) won its closest game this season, having beaten their first five ranked opponents by an average margin of 22 points, with the closest being 17 points.
Moriah Jefferson had 13 points and Stefanie Dolson 10 for UConn, which has won 24 in a row overall. That matches the sixth-longest winning streak in school history and is their second 24-game winning streak since their record 90 in a row ended in December 2010.
Sims, who entered the contest with 31.8 points per game, finished with 20 points on only 4-of-25 shooting. She made all 10 of her free throws, none after halftime. She didn't score for the final 10:53 of the game (Moriah guarded her during the 2nd half).
Ooh!!! Another great Moriah game!! I've got it on now -- thanks for reminding me of it.

Reaction Score

Bone Dog, because I'm from MA and can be a bit parochial in my outlook, Caroline was my favorite player from day 1. (I knew of her being the 2 time MA Player of the Year before getting to Storrs.) Other than that, I couldn't agree more with your post.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Caroline the Great. She has all the tools and a killer instinct to become one of the all time greats. I can only imagine a healthy Caroline next season playing a full season. A 1st team AA.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Caroline the Great. She has all the tools and a killer instinct to become one of the all time greats. I can only imagine a healthy Caroline next season playing a full season. A 1st team AA.
Next years starting five could end up 1st team AA, if the voters actually voted for the best in each position and not their favorite players. Maybe 6 or 7 of the 10 AA voted for could come from UConn, that's how powerful they should be next year if everyone stays healthy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom