Go to 19:00 mark; before that jibberish or non-UCONN talk

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
View attachment 61077

Her interview confirmed. Caroline is all about maturity and class.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Her interviews confirmed. Caroline is all about maturity and class.

Two personality traits one can NEVER have too much of. :) This is a MUST WATCH interview of Caroline. You could call this a "meet Caroline Ducharme" interview. This is the first real extensive interview I've seen of her. You'll know her a lot better after watching this interview.

"Then there’s all the other work she’s put in on the court and in the classroom to show she was worthy that UConn coach Geno Auriemma would make her a scholarship offer that she accepted in April. “It did take a lot just to get to this point,” Ducharme said Monday night. “We’re not going to do anything crazy Wednesday. I’m going to be at my house and with my family.

“I’m really excited. When I committed, that was exciting, too. But now to sign and make it official … I just think about the injuries, the effort, the pandemic, everything that has happened. I am so grateful to have this opportunity. My family helped me get here and they supported me and they’re the reason I got here. That’s why I’m so excited to share this with them.”

Folks, we've got a good one. A tip 'o the turban to Geno and his staff for recruiting and landing this young lady. She's stoked about coming to UConn, and we should be stoked about having her. She takes pride in playing good defense, and said that she can now guard 1-5. Welcome to UConn Caroline, we're very happy to have you. :)

Thanks Beercats for posting this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
She seems like a nice kid. The way she interviews reminded me at times of KLS. The 3 interviewers got away from talking with Caroline as time went on but she was on mic for a long time so can't complain. I was surprised that she was never asked about the prospect of playing with Paige.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great interview but one other thing that really stood out to me were her comments about the first conversation with Geno and the staff...

She said it was surreal to be talking to the UCONN staff after loving the program for so many years, but instead of just a "how was your week, how are you doing" conversation, the staff actually discussed her game. It was clear they had seen her play, had some ideas and thoughts, and wanted to discuss what they saw with what Caroline felt about her game.

She didn't come out and say it, but it sounded like no other program took that approach. She said she visited Oregon, liked UNC, and took a look at Tennessee, but in the end, it was UCONN.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Love this young lady, she stayed very composed, even with some of the off hand comments of the interviewers. I must of missed it but how tall is she now. They said something about a growth spurt but I didn't hear what her current height is.

Reaction Score
Love this young lady, she stayed very composed, even with some of the off hand comments of the interviewers. I must of missed it but how tall is she now. They said something about a growth spurt but I didn't hear what her current height is.
5'10" unless that growth spurt is still in progress.

Reaction Score
Predict she will turn into a premier defensive guard or "3" as well. Long arms and quick feet for her size. Seems to have a mature view of college basketball which at UConn means you must play defense to get minutes.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She says she's 6'2" but I'd be overjoyed with a legitimate 6'1" deadeye at the SG.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Caroline also appears to have that Proverbial long wing span to me. Longer than Saylor?

Reaction Score
Great interview but one other thing that really stood out to me were her comments about the first conversation with Geno and the staff...

She said it was surreal to be talking to the UCONN staff after loving the program for so many years, but instead of just a "how was your week, how are you doing" conversation, the staff actually discussed her game. It was clear they had seen her play, had some ideas and thoughts, and wanted to discuss what they saw with what Caroline felt about her game.

She didn't come out and say it, but it sounded like no other program took that approach. She said she visited Oregon, liked UNC, and took a look at Tennessee, but in the end, it was UCONN.
This kid is tough and really smart. Despite her recent ascension in rankings, she's still under the radar and I think that's just fine with her. She sees the game better than a lot of HS kids and I've got a feeling she's going to keep getting better and really have a Swiss Army knife impact on this team. By her 2nd or 3rd year she may be a weapon.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am just amazed at the quality of this team! The coaching staff have really outdone themselves with this recruiting class! They look like they are not slowing down either. Even if “She who must not be mentioned” goes elsewhere, this team is absolutely loaded for a minimum of 5-7 years! They plucked Aubrey, a player I believe is going to make some serious noise in the next three years from no 30? two years ago, brought in a former no 2 ranked player in Evina, then brought two of the top European girls over to be with Paige, Aaliyah, Mir, and Piath, and brought in a walk-on who is apparently a lights out shooter, and followed all that with an amazing class for next year, and finally, already have a commitment from the no 2 ranked post player for the following year! All this on top of already having Chrystyn no1 and Liv no 5! “I’m gonna weep openly!” Now, if they can stay healthy and play well we are in for a real treat! Better get your popcorn early cause you do not want to miss anything!

Reaction Score
Nice post, I think she could shorten her last name to simply Charm. ;)

I was surprised that she was never asked about the prospect of playing with Paige.

@ and one re-listen around 41:30 in, they did not ask about playing with Paige directly rather they asked about knowing her fellow recruits. After discussing them she goes on to say she has had much contact with Paige and is getting info on what things are going to be like, practice etc. Enjoy.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
She says she's 6'2" but I'd be overjoyed with a legitimate 6'1" deadeye at the SG.
?????? So you're saying she doesn't know how tall she is, or are you saying she's a liar? Hmmm

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
?????? So you're saying she doesn't know how tall she is, or are you saying she's a liar? Hmmm
The list of players that have added an inch or two to their resume is too long to mention here. Besides, 6'2" sounds better than 6' 1/4", or 6' 1/2", doesn't it?

Reaction Score
Her interview confirmed. Caroline is all about maturity and class.

As opposed to these guys. Too many hosts mean too much BS and they also seemed a BIT patronizing at times.

Caroline, however, gave great, complete, answers to questions and offered some interesting observations on her own as well. Very confident and composed for someone her age.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
As opposed to these guys. Too many hosts mean too much BS and they also seemed a BIT patronizing at times.

Caroline, however, gave great, complete, answers to questions and offered some interesting observations on her own as well. Very confident and composed for someone her age.

The guy in the middle was pretty insufferable but I could deal with the other 2.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom