Caroline cleared | The Boneyard

Caroline cleared

Reaction Score
How many consecutive days of no symptoms does it take to earn cleared for full contact? Anyone know?

Reaction Score
That is very good news about Caroline, and not such good news about Azzi. I hope to see both healthy and back in uniform by the start of the NCAAT, but right now just having Caroline back could make a big difference. Let’s hope all goes well with full contact practice.

Reaction Score
Looks like no Fudd for either of the big 2 games this week. Hopefully we have CD for both. The at Villanova game will be a big. Challenge.

Reaction Score
Great to hear Caroline is cleared for full contact. Here's hoping she is able to play some minutes against Creighton. I hope the fans are patient as she gets reacclimated to game speed/intensity. When she does play, I know initially my stomach will be knots hoping she doesn't catch any more elbows.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Assuming that Caroline is on the court tonight against Creighton, aside from Caroline herself, no Husky will be happier than Lou. After a brilliant start to the season, Lou has faced a stretch of increasingly physical defenders whose goal is to take away UConn’s one healthy outside shooter.

Lou has struggled over the past several games. She’s beaten up and off her game. If Caroline can knock down a shot or two from the arc, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Lou with more room to operate, regaining her shooting stroke.

Reaction Score
It's great that Caroline has finally been cleared to play, that's the thing with concussions, they can linger for a long time.

I just hope people don't expect her to play at the level she's capable of right now. She has missed a ton of games & practices so her timing & conditioning aren't going to be top of the line. She's going to have to work her way back up.

Patience, everybody!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
"Cleared for full contact" is not equivalent to "cleared to play in games". As I understand it, "cleared for full contact" is the last step in the concussion protocol. Caroline has to participate in full contact, wait at least 24 hours, and be verified to have no symptoms. Then and only then can she be cleared to play. It's possible that she could remain in this final stage for days until she becomes symptom-free.

On the other hand, maybe she can play tonight.

Reaction Score
Wasn’t Creighton one of the teams that elbowed Caroline in the head earlier this season?

Reaction Score
For those of you who may have forgotten what Caroline can do..

It is getting close to tournament time..

Love this, Topdawg. It's a wonderful reminder of Caroline's versatility, and her fearlessness: except for Paige, she was UConn's best player against South Carolina in the NCAA final.

Reaction Score
"Cleared for full contact" is not equivalent to "cleared to play in games". As I understand it, "cleared for full contact" is the last step in the concussion protocol. Caroline has to participate in full contact, wait at least 24 hours, and be verified to have no symptoms. Then and only then can she be cleared to play. It's possible that she could remain in this final stage for days until she becomes symptom-free.

On the other hand, maybe she can play tonight.
No, that is what happens when you are cleared for partial is the final step in protocol. Patterson was cleared for full contact the day she was available to play.

Kat

Reaction Score
I read an LA Times article about a UCLA player, Lauren Holiday, who suffered several head injuries in two seasons. It ended her career. One poignant piece of advice from her: "Don’t try to play through the pain; don’t try to return to competition before you’re really ready."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom