Carolina View on Boston Globe Article | The Boneyard

Carolina View on Boston Globe Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
he says hes confused about why the ACC would be worried about losing Pitt to the Big 12 and not offer them.... isn't it possible Pitt and UConn were the first choices?

Reaction Score
he says hes confused about why the ACC would be worried about losing Pitt to the Big 12 and not offer them.... isn't it possible Pitt and UConn were the first choices?

He has a point on this quote. I noticed it yesterday too. It doesn't make sense.

I only care that he blames us and a Boston Globe writer for this. We aren't in Boston. I also don't like that a Tobacco Road writer spews that we don't bring much to the table. Tobacco Road doesn't bring much to the BCS table either. We are all basketball schools and in modern history, UCONN is the only school on par or exceeding Duke and UNC. We are on similar footing. He also say's that the Big East wasn't better than the ACC in basketball, which is delusional at this point. By any objective measure, he is totally wrong on that.

Hack blogger anyway, he doesn't even use his name. Somehow, I think he is a BC guy. Most Tobacco Roaders are asking if they can just trade BC for us.

Reaction Score
He has a point on this quote. I noticed it yesterday too. It doesn't make sense.

I only care that he blames us and a Boston Globe writer for this. We aren't in Boston. I also don't like that a Tobacco Road writer spews that we don't bring much to the table. Tobacco Road doesn't bring much to the BCS table either. We are all basketball schools and in modern history, UCONN is the only school on par or exceeding Duke and UNC. We are on similar footing. He also say's that the Big East wasn't better than the ACC in basketball, which is delusional at this point. By any objective measure, he is totally wrong on that.

Hack blogger anyway, he doesn't even use his name. Somehow, I think he is a BC guy. Most Tobacco Roaders are asking if they can just trade BC for us.

Right, wrong or indifferent Tobacco Road s holding all the cards at this point. They all have a seat and will for years to come.

Reaction Score
"the Big East had established itself as the runaway leader in basketball."

ACC, it does hurt you guys to admit this. As true as it is, it's still hurts. I understand.

As to what UCONN can bring, I'd say an upgrade in basketball is the first obvious answer.

Reaction Score
Right, wrong or indifferent Tobacco Road s holding all the cards at this point. They all have a seat and will for years to come.

They don't hold the cards. BC, Miami, FSU and VTech hold the cards. Duke and UNC want us there as I understand it.

Reaction Score
It's inconsistent only if you believe this means the ACC was looking to add Pitt. If the concern was instead that a major shakeup was about to take place, then it still makes sense that the ACC had a pecking order.

Reaction Score
I'll also add this. Coach K. a couple weeks ago was brutally honest that the BE had surpassed the ACC, so apparently, flyonthewall's buds down in NC are not paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom