Carolina Panthers add Paul Pasqualoni to coaching staff

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Some people forget to leave the party before it’s over

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think PP biggest mistake was making George DeLeone OC and ran the 1980's Syracuse offense which didn't work in 2010.

He is a nice man and had a young family at that time and was looking to put roots down.
I always wished him well after he left.

Reaction Score
I think PP biggest mistake was making George DeLeone OC and ran the 1980's Syracuse offense which didn't work in 2010.

He is a nice man and had a young family at that time and was looking to put roots down.

I forget the name of the Bruce Feldman book, but he interviewed Ed Orgeron who was on Pasqualoni’s staff at Syracuse way back.

Ed said that Pasqualoni and company didn’t put nearly enough effort into the enterprise as was required, that comment was mainly made in regards to recruiting.

The college game passed him buy ages ago. Like maybe at least 10 years before he darkened our doorstep.

Hathaway should have been fired on the spot for even recruiting him. Hathaway wanted someone on the cheap and he wanted to hit the easy button.

Warde screwed up too but at least he tried. Hathaway didn’t even try.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Ed said that Pasqualoni and company didn’t put nearly enough effort into the enterprise as was required, that comment was mainly made in regards to recruiting.
That's death to a coach. Very few coaches can succeed in college if they don't have a passion for recruiting.

I honestly don't understand why a coach would take a job if he didn't love recruiting. And.... recruiting is a special skill. I know I wouldn't have the patience to court 16 year olds.

Mora seems to enjoy recruiting...and I think it's one of the reasons he went back to college versus NFL.

Reaction Score
That's death to a coach. Very few coaches can succeed in college if they don't have a passion for recruiting.

I honestly don't understand why a coach would take a job if he didn't love recruiting. And.... recruiting is a special skill. I know I wouldn't have the patience to court 16 year olds.

Mora seems to enjoy recruiting...and I think it's one of the reasons he went back to college versus NFL.

This book was written well before PP’s tenure at UConn. I doubt Hathaway has even heard of it. Probably didn’t even really vet him.

Reaction Score

This is the book. It was pretty good for its time but is dated even now.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score

Pasqualoni developed feeder schools and he knew how to target kids.

Remember, it took Pasqualoni leaving to ignite Rutgers and Shady's recruiting. Greg Robinson didn't work Pasqualoni's schools and Shady got into them and Syracuse spiraled down and Rutgers improved.

Reaction Score

What was the score of the Michigan UConn game? Who coached that game?

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni developed feeder schools and he knew how to target kids.

Remember, it took Pasqualoni leaving to ignite Rutgers and Shady's recruiting. Greg Robinson didn't work Pasqualoni's schools and Shady got into them and Syracuse spiraled down and Rutgers improved.

Negative ghost rider. Rutgers was already recruiting better. Pasqualoni hadn’t been recruiting well for ages.

Reaction Score
PP took his losing team to Louisville (who were having a great year) and beat them as the ACC was deciding which team to take.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
He peaked in Danbury, or some may give him Syracuse. But definitely spoiled fruit (no pun intended) when he got here. But good luck to the man still working at that age.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom