Carolina Panthers add Paul Pasqualoni to coaching staff | The Boneyard

Carolina Panthers add Paul Pasqualoni to coaching staff

Reaction Score
72 years old. Telling me there isn’t someone 30-40 with knowledge and closer to the modern game that can do the job?
How do you know that he isn’t knowledgeable about the modern game? He has a lot of experience and continues to regularly get jobs in the league. I don’t think NFL HCs would be risking their futures by hiring an out-of-touch assistant.

Reaction Score
Urban Meyer did
My point was referring to a guy who has continually shown that he knows his stuff and gets hired by multiple teams….the same guy you referenced initially.

Reaction Score
Laughable. Like cockroach that keeps coming back after it should be dead 3 times over.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
That's a shaky place to go. Ruhle is probably on his last year there.

Reaction Score
Bastard killed our program.

Disagree... he didn't help it as he left wins on the table that could've extended the run (and made UConn more palatable for the ACC's football wing to put UConn in a better state for realignment) and failed to handle issues on the coaching staff that contributed to the former problem. That said he left legitimate FBS talent.... his successor set the program back to the stone ages and Edsall's 20 year old program building playbook didn't pull things out of the quagmire.

I'd charge Pasqualoni with neglect.. but Diaco would get the murder charge in my book.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Pasqualoni was past his shelf life as a coach when he got here. That is on Hathaway and not listening to anyone around him.

The fact that PP didn't succeed here as Head Coach doesn't mean he doesn't know football and doesn't deserve to have another position. The fact that at his age an NFL team still wants him shows his value to the fundamentals of football and that his method of communication works in the pros. PP is a pleasant guy. When a hire doesn't work, it mostly on the hiring team, in this case Hathaway.

Half the comments here want him cancelled for failing here. Ridiculous

Reaction Score
Bastard killed our program.
Wasnt Paul, and wasn't even close. He went 5-7 and 5-7. They should have been 7-5 and 7-5.

It was not getting into the ACC, which in no way was Paul's fault, and then it was Warde Manuel making the Diaco hire.

That set the stage for Benedict to discover that Bob was absolutely impossible to work with. He then decided to get edsall, and that didn't work. In the meantime, football went into the AAC and tanked.

Paul Pasqualoni never coached a single game in the AAC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I happy for him. He's a good coach that just wasn't a good fit for a college HC anymore. He's a great position coach as you can see he getting hired both at the NFL and in the SEC levels. I hope he has a ton of success.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
PP was 61 when UConn hired him....Mora is 60.

Not saying anything about PP, but Mora is a young 60.

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni was extremely knowledgeable and I suspect is a terrific pro coach. He had lost touch with college kids by the time he got here. Wrong guy in the wrong place. John is right though. It was Warde Manuel who did the damage to UConn football, and I might add, basketball. He was the ultimate resume builder, yet totally failed And still got promoted. Final comment on P is he is a really nice man. Met him in of all places Stop &Shop, while he was at UConn. it was late and he stopped in to grab milk, bread and such As did I. I said hello and asked if we were going to improve next year. We must have talked for 20 minutes and he would have kept going if I didn’t have to leave. Delightful person, good position coach.

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni was extremely knowledgeable and I suspect is a terrific pro coach. He had lost touch with college kids by the time he got here. Wrong guy in the wrong place. John is right though. It was Warde Manuel who did the damage to UConn football, and I might add, basketball. He was the ultimate resume builder, yet totally failed And still got promoted. Final comment on P is he is a really nice man. Met him in of all places Stop &Shop, while he was at UConn. it was late and he stopped in to grab milk, bread and such As did I. I said hello and asked if we were going to improve next year. We must have talked for 20 minutes and he would have kept going if I didn’t have to leave. Delightful person, good position coach.

No it was Hathaway who started football down the wrong road.

He thought all the program needed was a caretaker like PP. It took a Herculean effort for UConn to get where it was before PP. And under him we wilted.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom