Carnegie Corporation Honors Geno as "Great Immigrant" | The Boneyard

Carnegie Corporation Honors Geno as "Great Immigrant"

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I see that on Page A5 of the printed edition of today's (July 4) NYT is a full-page ad from the Carnegie Corporation of New York honoring a list of over 40 immigrants (that is, naturalized American citizens) who have made distinguished contributions to their adopted country. One of those on the list is Geno Auriemma from Italy, Head Coach, University of Connecticut Women's Basketball. Others on the list include Siddhartha Mukherjee (author of "The Emperor of All Maladies"), actress Catherine O'Hara from Canada, Congresswoman Stephanie Murphy (listed as an immigrant from Vietnam), and Rukmini Callimachi (a foreign correspondent for the New York Times).

Quite an honor if you ask me.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I see that on Page A5 of the printed edition of today's (July 4) NYT is a full-page ad from the Carnegie Corporation of New York honoring a list of over 40 immigrants (that is, naturalized American citizens) who have made distinguished contributions to their adopted country. One of those on the list is Geno Auriemma from Italy, Head Coach, University of Connecticut Women's Basketball. Others on the list include Siddhartha Mukherjee (author of "The Emperor of All Maladies"), actress Catherine O'Hara from Canada, Congresswoman Stephanie Murphy (listed as an immigrant from Vietnam), and Rukmini Callimachi (a foreign correspondent for the New York Times).

Quite an honor if you ask me.
I saw Ms Callimachi on TV the other night. She has done some interesting reporting on the Taliban bounty allegations story. Sharp young woman. Geno has done okay too.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I keep reading the thread title as Greek Immigrant. Head bangHead bangHead bang :oops::oops::oops:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom