Carlton's season and big recruiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Carlton's season and big recruiting

Reaction Score
I’m equally as concerned about our ball handling next year. We need another primary ball handler with AGs health always being a question. Providence just landed Pipkins, Umass’s all conference PG, I wish we had made a play at him.
As a transfer doesn’t he have to sit a year. That’s not an option for us.
I think a 2020 PG recruit is a better option long term as scholarships are an issue next year.
We have two possible lead guards ,one is pretty sketchy from a health prospective .
You are correct going into next year with two ,one of them a Freshman, is repeating KO ‘s blunder of 2016-17 that doomed an otherwise decent team.
I want an experienced guard like Smith or even Anderson for insurance.
The 2016-17 season would have been different if we had a Smith.

Reaction Score
Pipkins is a really good player but also a huge dink from what i've heard. I'm sure Hurley's probably familiar with him.

Reaction Score
Whaley plan B. Never got a chance this year.
If Hurley thought Whaley had a meaningful future role in the program, don't you think Hurley would have played him more this year? Whaley seems like a good teammate who plays hard and is easy to root for, but his lack of playing time this year says a lot.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Pipkins is a really good player but also a huge dink from what i've heard. I'm sure Hurley's probably familiar with him.
A huge dink?

Reaction Score
Gonzaga's Tillie is really the only guy they play that is over 6'8"...and he has been in 16 minutes a game.

They rely on their forwards...in fact, you won't find the position "Center" on their roster description.
Get us forwards of quality and we don’t need another center either. I agree that a big center is not essential in college hoops.

Reaction Score
Are you certain?
Sure. Let's have it your way. A team with only three healthy bigs decided to sit one pretty much the entire season for spite. And that kid was awesome.

Or, and hear me out here, a kid who was going to go to St. Louis and sit on the bench to season a few years might not be someone who could regularly play yet at UConn.

Just spitballing.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
We need Hilton Amrstrong's son to age 14 years over the summer and join the team.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Who’s our backup big at this point? If next year that positon is not improved over this year, we have trouble.
Currently, we have IW and MD.
Both showed some good signs during stints the last two years. Coach Hurley gave IW some more PT the last few games but was per report frustrated by his lack of court awareness. MD never seemed to gain Coach Hurley’s confidence, but if healthy, he could be a strong contributor

Reaction Score
Whaley plan B. Never got a chance this year.
Sure. Let's have it your way. A team with only three healthy bigs decided to sit one pretty much the entire season for spite. And that kid was awesome.

Or, and hear me out here, a kid who was going to go to St. Louis and sit on the bench to season a few years might not be someone who could regularly play yet at UConn.

Just spitballing.

You think Hurley wanted to play E Cobb?

Reaction Score
I’m equally as concerned about our ball handling next year. We need another primary ball handler with AGs health always being a question. Providence just landed Pipkins, Umass’s all conference PG, I wish we had made a play at him.
PG should be our top priority. If AG goes down again we will be asking a freshman combo guard to run our offense.

Reaction Score
As a transfer doesn’t he have to sit a year. That’s not an option for us.
I think a 2020 PG recruit is a better option long term as scholarships are an issue next year.
We have two possible lead guards ,one is pretty sketchy from a health prospective .
You are correct going into next year with two ,one of them a Freshman, is repeating KO ‘s blunder of 2016-17 that doomed an otherwise decent team.
I want an experienced guard like Smith or even Anderson for insurance.
The 2016-17 season would have been different if we had a Smith.
Pipkins is a grad transfer, immediately eligible

Reaction Score
RE: Bigs. Hasn't college ball evolved from a true BIG, ie. true 5, to multiple style frontcourt. Granted there is the exception to the rule, Taco Fall (sp), but are there really a lot of true "CENTERS", or have they become hybrids?
Doesn't everyone want to be LeBrons, or Durrants, now?

Reaction Score
Butler's Joey Brunk is a graduate center with 2 years of eligibility left. Big body and decent skill set. I wouldn't mind him as Carlton's backup the next 2 seasons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom