Carlton's season and big recruiting | The Boneyard

Carlton's season and big recruiting

Reaction Score
Josh's improvement this year should be a compelling argument for young big men. I still believe a viable center is the #1 recruiting need remaining.

Reading the board, it seems like it's Precious first, last and in between. But a 6-11 or 7-0 with potential might make a more lasting impression on the program.

Reaction Score
JC is a coachable kid with some good tools to work with. He improved immensely this year and will be a force the next 2 years. We need a quality backup to give him some rest and/or if he gets in foul trouble. I would prefer a grad transfer so Hurley can focus on a 2021 big.

Reaction Score
Josh's improvement this year should be a compelling argument for young big men. I still believe a viable center is the #1 recruiting need remaining.

Reading the board, it seems like it's Precious first, last and in between. But a 6-11 or 7-0 with potential might make a more lasting impression on the program.

Precious isn't happening.

It didn't work out with our top 3 big recruits. There aren't a lot left, and the rest will likely be juco/grad that are more fully developed.

I'd expect Carlton's improvement to pay more dividends with recruits next season.

Reaction Score
Do you guys want another center to improve rebounding or defending other bigs? If its primarily to get another rebounder I am open to a shorter maybe 6'7 or 6'8, more athletic guy who rebounds well like shakur juiston. If it is more about getting another big defender into our lineup then I think a 6'10-7'0 guy would be better even if they aren't as skilled.

Personally I'd take the better rebounder

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Do you guys want another center to improve rebounding or defending other bigs? If its primarily to get another rebounder I am open to a shorter maybe 6'7 or 6'8, more athletic guy who rebounds well like shakur juiston. If it is more about getting another big defender into our lineup then I think a 6'10-7'0 guy would be better even if they aren't as skilled.

But without Carlton, we've nobody to defend other big guys. We are already one of the thinnest teams in our league, never mind the P5/6/7

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

A 6'8" guy like Zion would be fine. What we need is depth at the 5. Carlton can't play the whole game and will have foul trouble. So we need a guy who is either a real center or a powerful athletic PF to guard other team's bigs. Akok is going to help. We won't be nearly as small next year. Sid at the SF also improves potential rebounding if he uses his hops to go after boards (and Hurley will insist that he does). I think the priority is post defense, and I mean holding you ground when some huge guy is backing you down.

Reaction Score
Who’s our backup big at this point? If next year that positon is not improved over this year, we have trouble.

Reaction Score
JC is a coachable kid with some good tools to work with. He improved immensely this year and will be a force the next 2 years. We need a quality backup to give him some rest and/or if he gets in foul trouble. I would prefer a grad transfer so Hurley can focus on a 2021 big.
I think we need youth at the 5. We need to start building some depth. If we wait until Josh is a senior we better sign a couple bigs next year who can play right away.

Reaction Score
Who’s our backup big at this point? If next year that positon is not improved over this year, we have trouble.
We have 1 open scholarship now and another will likely open up. One will certainly be a backup big and my best guess is the staff will go the JUCO/Grad transfer route here to keep options open for a Kofi-esque big in class of 2020.

Reaction Score
The 5 is aposition that’s easily shared because of fouls.
I prefer a true rim protector as a backup.
Carlton is a force but teams will go at him to put him on the bench.
That’s were 5b needs to step up so our pressure D doesn’t drop off.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Stayed tuned.
I’m equally as concerned about our ball handling next year. We need another primary ball handler with AGs health always being a question. Providence just landed Pipkins, Umass’s all conference PG, I wish we had made a play at him.

Reaction Score
I think we need youth at the 5. We need to start building some depth. If we wait until Josh is a senior we better sign a couple bigs next year who can play right away.
Have you looked at who is still available in the 2019 class? There is nothing at PF or C. Unless there is a solid de-commit at those positions, go the grad transfer route.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I’m equally as concerned about our ball handling next year. We need another primary ball handler with AGs health always being a question. Providence just landed Pipkins, Umass’s all conference PG, I wish we had made a play at him.

I think he was looking for major minutes. I think Cooley is gonna start him.

Reaction Score
Mbacke from UNLV is available. Would stand a chance at being eligible with the new transfer rules.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga's Tillie is really the only guy they play that is over 6'8"...and he has been in 16 minutes a game.

They rely on their forwards...in fact, you won't find the position "Center" on their roster description.

Reaction Score
Gonzaga's Tillie is really the only guy they play that is over 6'8"...and he has been in 16 minutes a game.

They rely on their forwards...in fact, you won't find the position "Center" on their roster description.
To be fair, he’d probably play more if he didn’t sit out nearly all season with injury.

Reaction Score
Yes..Tillie played only 13 games...but in those 13, he averaged 16.8 minutes.

He played 18 minutes his last two games...in March.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom