Carlton's basketball skills | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Carlton's basketball skills

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
We are running out of people to blame so I am going to stick with the offensive offense we run. If someone knows of another team that runs something similar and is effective with it please let me know.

Reaction Score
Watching Kofi destroy Purdue. Do you think Hurley told him he would have to earn his minutes behind Josh??

Reaction Score
He had some nice post moves last year and seemed to be making strides. What the hell happened?
That's the question the OP is asking. Majority of his shot attempts happen around the basket and he's shooting less than 48% from the field and 52% from the line.

Reaction Score
The really scary thing is we could be in the same exact boat next season. I like Javonte's upside but he isn't ready. Hurley thought he was getting Kofi, we desperately need Cliff and if he can't get him we desperately need another good big.
Richie Springs is in the program. Give him a year. Brown will be fine. He's still a year away, and by what I have seen on twitter and instagram the kid is putting in work. RJ Cole will be a big lift for this program, Gaffney and Bouknight will be a year older along with Akok. The future is bright.

Last edited:

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
He was better this year before he wasn't. Sal is not the problem
He began the year looking like an improved player, however, he has declined recently. He has limited athletic ability, almost no shot other than 2 feet from the basket, and he can't make that against bigger and quicker players. A taller player (including wing span) frustrates him because he can not get more than a couple inches off the floor on a good day. He is only effective against smaller players he can muscle in on, or when his motor is running at a fever pitch - which doesn't seem to be his natural state. I think Hurley is going to need to reduce his minutes and go with a more athletic, quick team unless Josh is big enough to over power his defender - then he can be effective by scoring or passing out of the double team. The bottom line is we will not be winning 23 games a season until we get a better front line.

Reaction Score
I don’t think his athleticism is visibly worse than last year, I think he’s a kid that lost his confidence at some point. He had probably his best game vs Indiana in our last real test before conference play. He’s always had trouble finishing around the hoop and has never jumped well, I just see a kid who doesn’t believe in himself so all his decisions are made with doubt

Reaction Score
Carlton has some heavy legs, but what I have been most surprised about this year is the lack of ups from Gilbert. He can’t get up and it shows.

Reaction Score
Carlton has some heavy legs, but what I have been most surprised about this year is the lack of ups from Gilbert. He can’t get up and it shows.
He gets to the basket but gets lost amongst the bigger bodies. He's constantly stuffed at the rim, time and time again.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
28626069-7845-47DE-9CE3-9408BB63376F.gif

Reaction Score
Springs is your next really good big. According to coach he is the second best rebounder that he has ever coached. Tristan T. 1.
Josh will straighten out when we get a point guard who can work with him. Timing his seal with a good pass .Alley Oup passers needed for all the bigs.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I disagree. His inability to finish around the basket is nauseating.

Restarted the year looking better. Then he fell apart.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree with those who assert it's all in his head. Up to and including Indiana he averaged 13 a game, and only 3.6 in the next 5 games. Four (or arguably five) of those last five opponents were crap teams.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
so is it possible that he is lifting too close to game time? he has seemed sluggish...hopefully he can play himself into game shape soon.

Reaction Score
And if Carlton didn't put on weight and muslce we'd all be complaining about how he didn't work hard this offseason and is getting pushed around by weak competition

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom