Carlton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Carlton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Laughing because I’ve been reading how Carlton wouldn’t see the floor this year.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Josh was great tonight. How many big offensive rebounds did he have?

I listened to Hurley's conference call with the horde yesterday, and he said that there are reasons that Josh hasn't played much yet. Didn't really go into it much, but it definitely sounded like he had a plan with Josh. It's only game 3, but I'd say his plan is working out.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Watch Carlton when he is out there. He does a lot of little things. One example: with about 5 minutes left, Cole is on the right wing. Carlton posts, then drops back to clear the lane. Cole beats his guy baseline, and Carlton seals off the help defender.

It was clear that Cole was expecting the help defender to come over, because he dished it out even though he was wide open under the basket. He looked surprised that he was that open, and hadn't expect Carlton to do that. It was just a great veteran play by Carlton that won't show up in the stat sheet.

I don't care if Carlton is not much of an athlete, UConn is a better team if Carlton plays 20+ minutes a game.

Reaction Score
First time I've seem him this year. As others have pointed out, he's thin. Considering the effort he must of put into off season conditioning it's nice to see him play well.... really well. One of his better games as a Huskies. Very efficient.

Reaction Score
Carlton is definitely stronger this year. If you remember him as a freshman or sophomore, you'll recall him getting a rebound and losing it. Happened all the time. Then look at tonight. He was very strong when he got the ball. Josh continues to get better every year. He will be an important piece for us this year. You might say he's the odd man in.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Best play I saw from this season's Josh that last season's Josh couldn't do was early in the second half. Somewhere between 1-2 minutes in to the half Josh had to hedge and stop the PG off the pick and roll and then retreat to cover his man in the lane. He did it perfectly. Whaley is really, really, really good at it, but last year's Josh would have been to slow to recover, fouled the PG or just fell on the ground trying to recover. Huge improvement in agility and quickness seen on one play.

C

Chief00

All Chief is saying is Josh did not lose his minutes due to basketball - glad things are back to ball.

Reaction Score
All Chief is saying is Josh did not lose his minutes due to basketball - glad things are back to ball.
I'm not really up on the news. Was he being disciplined for something?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
There is one poster on this board that has been banging the drum for Carlton. You're welcome.

That's where I know you.!

You're the guy who used to pull out his acoustic guitar at floor parties right when everyone was coupling up to Get on the Dance Floor back in 89'.

31 years later and still trying to beat the drum yourself instead of enjoying listening to someone else way more talented than you banging it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not really up on the news. Was he being disciplined for something?

There was some quote (I dont remember if direct Hurley quote or reporter) that there was a reason that Carlton had his minutes reduced. It didn't specify the reason, but considering he didn't even see the court in the 1st game, it would be hard for it to have been for on court performance reasons.

Reaction Score
I was thrilled for Josh tonight. He has his limitations but, at this size, he reminds me of sophomore Josh. He was asked to gain weight and bulk up last year. It cost him and the team. He was not quick enough when making his moves and he couldn't get off of the floor. You saw some zip tonight. He had played his way out of the rotation in practice and he was going to have to wait for the opportunity to prove himself to Coach Hurley. He got that opportunity tonight...and he delivered in a huge way.

Reaction Score
There was some quote (I dont remember if direct Hurley quote or reporter) that there was a reason that Carlton had his minutes reduced. It didn't specify the reason, but considering he didn't even see the court in the 1st game, it would be hard for it to have been for on court performance reasons.
Pure speculation, but maybe he was the one on the team who contracted COVID-19 and was still recovering.

Reaction Score
Pure speculation, but maybe he was the one on the team who contracted COVID-19 and was still recovering.

Someone commented that it was an underclassman.

Reaction Score
I didnt exactly see anyone besides Nelson come out in support of Josh. He's the only person who can say "I told you so."
Carlton improved a lot year 1 under Coach Hurley. Took a step back this past season but I'm one of the few who thinks he'll be much better next year if he can get the coaching (much depends on how long social distancing goes on)
What do I win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall