Carlton | The Boneyard

Carlton

Reaction Score
Can't get anything from him again. Even though we are under manned might be better on bench. Good. to see Adam's and Gilbert picking it up with Bouknight on bench.

Reaction Score
Are we expecting something from this kid? Yes... we are expecting him to dominate against lesser comp. With a big man you either have it or you don’t. What I mean by that is that killer mentality. That swat your own grandma’s shot swag and this kid doesn’t have it. He tries hard and all but the step on your throat mentality he will never have and that’s it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
In this particular game it was tough to play JC because USF played a funky line up which forced DH to go 4 guard
BUT he has been uneven.......................

Reaction Score
@UConnStats he isn't playing 20 minutes so we'll lose--don't forget!
I never said we would lose but we need him on the floor. But thanks for trying to keep up.

You're probably too young to remember all the Boneyards calling Whaley a waste of space over the last two years. Many wanted him to leave so we could use his scholarship.

And even after Brimah helped us win a NC, many BYers blistered him for not being good enough.

Hating on bigs is a BY special.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I never said we would lose but we need him on the floor. But thanks for trying to keep up.

You're probably too young to remember all the Boneyards calling Whaley a waste of space over the last two years. Many wanted him to leave so we could use his scholarship.
I know it's confusing but he was talking about something your other account posted

UConn record when Carlton plays 20 minutes or more in a game: 11-5
UConn record when Carlton plays less than 20 minutes in a game: 3-7

Reaction Score
Maybe if he had a little facial hair. That could help his game. Lol

Reaction Score
In this particular game it was tough to play JC because USF played a funky line up which forced DH to go 4 guard
BUT he has been uneven.......................
I always wonder, when are we going to get to the point where UConn's lineup dictates what the other team does rather than UConn always having to adjust to what the other team's lineup is?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I always wonder, when are we going to get to the point where UConn's lineup dictates what the other team does rather than UConn always having to adjust to what the other team's lineup is?
We have a defensive minded coach, which means that more often than not, we will adjust personnel to contend with the other team's offensive strengths.

Reaction Score

And even after Brimah helped us win a NC, many BYers blistered him for not being good enough.

I'm not referring to your post. The reference is to Nelson's. Victim complex, much?And I've been looking at the 'yard since 2011--aint that young, but I'm still young enough that I can say "okay boomer" to you and get a kick out of it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We may have the worst fan base in the entire country. The player hate is much worse than this board has ever had.

Reaction Score

Whaley did give us basically nothing, then got told what's what by Hurley, then spent the summer working on his game and improved greatly. Kudos to him and to Hurley for motivating him.

Brimah wasn't good enough. He was in that horrible no-man's land where he was established enough to scare away recruits (e.g. Jesse Govan -- sure would have been nice to have a guy like that over the last 4 years) but not good enough to be an integral part of a winning team.

Reaction Score
Remember when we were good enough year in and year out that we didn't have to argue with each other?? I've actually seen a thread on here to do where two different people at the game were arguing whether the game was packed or not. God losing sucks!! But thankfully we are headed in the right direction.

oh yeah.........it's Dyson's fault

Reaction Score
We may have the worst fan base in the entire country. The player hate is much worse than this board has ever had.

We're hating you-- not the players-- for being an indefensible contrarian. We're disappointed in some of the veterans who have regressed, and are expressing that view by criticizing their performances (and praising when relevant). All of which has been corroborated by the actions of the coaches (Gilbert's reduced role, Carlton's disappearing minutes, CV ceding late game creation to Bouknight). .

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We're hating you-- not the players-- for being an indefensible contrarian. We're disappointed in some of the veterans who have regressed, and are expressing that view by criticizing their performances (and praising when relevant). All of which has been corroborated by the actions of the coaches (Gilbert's reduced role, Carlton's disappearing minutes, CV ceding late game creation to Bouknight). .

All the Carlton trashing on this board is really meant for me? Thanks for clearing that up.

Reaction Score
All the Carlton trashing on this board is really meant for me? Thanks for clearing that up.

Refer to the 2nd part of my previous post that you quoted for the answer. If you don't understand the difference between criticism and hate on an intellectual level, then nobody can help you.

Are there some extremists that go further than criticism? Probably. Is it more than a typical fanbase that has high expectations that haven't been met in a few years? No.

Reaction Score
Refer to the 2nd part of my previous post that you quoted for the answer. If you don't understand the difference between criticism and hate on an intellectual level, then nobody can help you.

Are there some extremists that go further than criticism? Probably. Is it more than a typical fanbase that has high expectations that haven't been met in a few years? No.
I think Nelson doesn't realize that fan is just short for fanatic. And that it happens EVERYWHERE on every board and every fan base.

You think, for example, Mich St fans aren't pissed that they are 18-9 after being ranked #1 preseason?? Get real.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Whatever. Carlton barely plays now so the haters can't blame him for losses anymore, although they probably still will.

Reaction Score
so you hoop in a 50 and over church league, nice

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom