Carlton | The Boneyard

Carlton

Reaction Score
Led Dematha with 24 (or 26 depending on the source) yesterday in a big rivalry game against Gonzaga. Here's a link to highlights. He was playing against smaller guys but you have to like the physical post moves and touch around the rim, and the move at around 5:15 of the video is something to dream on.

Banta55

Hoops since 86"
Reaction Score
Very skilled offensively, passes well, not overly athletic...He can easily had weight to his frame, has a chance to be a good player..Rivals has him at 140 that's ridiculously low...Polley and Carlton were both D.K. guy's that's a encouraging sign going forward..

Reaction Score
Very skilled offensively, passes well, not overly athletic...He can easily had weight to his frame, has a chance to be a good player..Rivals has him at 140 that's ridiculously low...Polley and Carlton were both D.K. guy's that's a encouraging sign going forward..
Fortunately IMO there are way too many unbiased recruiting services and sources who are way too dependent on social media who -assuming he continues showing out- will bump his profile

Reaction Score
I am starting to believe Carlton will be our best big since Mumu.

Not a whole lot in the way of competition on that list......

kid does look pretty legit. built like enoch a little bit, but hes much quicker and more fluid.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Feel he's a smaller version of Steve. Like Steve he's polished in his back to the basket moves and like Steve he's a liability on defense.

I don't think he will be as lost as Steve was his first season but I'm hoping he's not taking the majority of minutes away from Steve next season. Otherwise it might be another long season.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
That spin move and dunk at 5:15 was nicer than his "play of the week" a few weeks ago. Nasty.
I actually liked the McHale-esque up-and-under-and-ball-fake-and-back-up moment starting at :55. That's some old man game!

Reaction Score
I actually liked the McHale-esque up-and-under-and-ball-fake-and-back-up moment starting at :55. That's some old man game!
I feel you there. Not expecting huge block totals with his athleticism, but as long as he adds strength and grabs boards that'll be a nice compliment to his offensive game. Looks like he's got very nice touch around the hoop and actively looks for cutters.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
I feel you there. Not expecting huge block totals with his athleticism, but as long as he adds strength and grabs boards that'll be a nice compliment to his offensive game. Looks like he's got very nice touch around the hoop and actively looks for cutters.
Yup. And as SMU show every time out, you don't need to block shots all the way to the moon in order to have a good defense. Just be smart, rotate well, and protect the paint.

Not that I'd complain if he suddenly got more athletic overnight, or grew a couple of inches. But Nolan was a very good defensive player for us just by being smart, and hopefully Carlton can emulate that.

Reaction Score
Yup. And as SMU show every time out, you don't need to block shots all the way to the moon in order to have a good defense. Just be smart, rotate well, and protect the paint.

Not that I'd complain if he suddenly got more athletic overnight, or grew a couple of inches. But Nolan was a very good defensive player for us just by being smart, and hopefully Carlton can emulate that.
While we're on SMU, a good optimistic comprison may be old friend Markus Kennedy.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
While we're on SMU, a good optimistic comprison may be old friend Markus Kennedy.
Exactly who I was thinking of. Doesn't look as quick as Kennedy, but lots of other similarities.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom