Carlton Passing Out Of Double Teams | The Boneyard

Carlton Passing Out Of Double Teams

Reaction Score
Playing with knowledge and poise. Have to love his climb...right up there with the grind :)

Reaction Score
Before today, Carlton had two assists ALL SEASON, but had three assists today.

This tournament, he was getting double teamed left and right, so it's good to see him have a good passing game to help keep his defenders honest. If he keeps developing an outlet pass from the post, watch out.

Reaction Score
O.K. at least this thread didn't have as bad a title as the other one. Lol

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
O.K. at least this thread didn't have as bad a title as the other one. Lol

Didn't see that one but dropped a compliment for the observation.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Glad someone mentioned this.

There was a sequence towards the end of the game that really made me appreciate the work Hurley is doing and the work these kids are doing.

Carlton gets the ball to the right of the lane, draws his man out - Adams recognizes the opening, slips to the basket and Carlton hits him. Lay-up. Adams scores, Carlton assists.

Just one possession later, Adams has the ball, draws coverage out from the basket, Carlton slides in, Adams hits him and Carlton dunks. Carlton scores, Adams assists.

The symmetry was perfect, as was the recognition and the execution.

Reaction Score
I just really looked at the box score - Carlton led the team in points and minutes.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
I think you have to credit Hurley for that. It feels like they schemed and adjusted to a Carlton double team. Each time he was doubled, guards shot into the paint to make themselves available and Josh knew to look there and find em for easy buckets.

Reaction Score
No doubt - they seemed to set up plays more than they have in other games and it worked. But those numbers shocked me. I knew he played well and was really effective - I just didn’t realize he was that productive.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
No doubt - they seemed to set up plays more than they have in other games and it worked. But those numbers shocked me. I knew he played well and was really effective - I just didn’t realize he was that productive.

As others have said, it's not just running plays, it having weak side players in motion setting screens and back cutting. By the time the Huskies reverse the ball they often already have mismatches from weak side switches.

Reaction Score
That's what he's capable of. I mean outside of the bounce passes - it was just the lack of overthinking on his part. Get the ball, go up - make them make a play. He was so much more deliberate in his play for 40 minutes today... He gives us 3/4 of that the rest of the way - we're in excellent shape.

Reaction Score
By far his best game thus far. Made all of his bunnies, passed really well, and really made Miami feel his size defensively too.

That was actually his first game with an above average offensive rating this year.

Reaction Score
If Carlton can be a effective passer down on the block especially when double teamed it is really going to help this team offensively. Looks like the coaching staff has been working hard with him on that. Big improvements.

Now get him to hammer that ball in the hoop all the time like he did at the end of the game and Carlton will be a bad Mother —-ker.

Reaction Score
If Carlton can be a effective passer down on the block especially when double teamed it is really going to help this team offensively. Looks like the coaching staff has been working hard with him on that. Big improvements.

Now get him to hammer that ball in the hoop all the time like he did at the end of the game and Carlton will be a bad Mother —-ker.

This is a good nickname for Carlton. I just came from the Bouknight nickname thread.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Glad someone mentioned this.

There was a sequence towards the end of the game that really made me appreciate the work Hurley is doing and the work these kids are doing.

Carlton gets the ball to the right of the lane, draws his man out - Adams recognizes the opening, slips to the basket and Carlton hits him. Lay-up. Adams scores, Carlton assists.

Just one possession later, Adams has the ball, draws coverage out from the basket, Carlton slides in, Adams hits him and Carlton dunks. Carlton scores, Adams assists.

The symmetry was perfect, as was the recognition and the execution.

That was the assist where Miami hedged on the double. After getting rubbed off on a screen, (I think it was Akok's defender) got kind of lost in the middle. He saw the pass to Josh who was facing the basket. I assume he was supposed to double when Josh had his back to the basket, but the step he started, then hesitated when Josh didn't turn, opened up the lane for Adams to cut hard to the rim, and Josh just stayed low and made a perfect bounce pass to Adams just as he got there, ahead of the defender. A thing of absolute beauty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom