Carlton part trois | The Boneyard

Carlton part trois

Reaction Score
He can and needs to be better on offense and I think he would even tell us that. JC had the ball at point blank range a lot today and did not deliver. He's a big kid and needs to power up and dunk it or just go straight to the hoop and lay it in. Loved that he was over the glass today for sure. But this should have been a 12 to 16 point game for him along with the 13 rebounds.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He did what was needed today. He was a rebounding machine and played solid defense while he was out there.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
He can and needs to be better on offense and I think he would even tell us that. JC had the ball at point blank range a lot today and did not deliver. He's a big kid and needs to power up and dunk it or just go straight to the hoop and lay it in. Loved that he was over the glass today for sure. But this should have been a 12 to 16 point game for him along with the 13 rebounds.
Think he deserves credit where credit was due. This was the best game out of Josh I've seen in a while. He's also criticized more in the stands and on this board than maybe ant other player. Glad to see him have a nice day today.

Reaction Score
Would have guessed he had a lot more than 6 points. He was pretty active today.

Reaction Score
He played better today than he did in the last 4 or 5 games combined. Although he still cannot make a layup to save his life.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Carlton misses more shots than he should, but he brings this effort and focus every game.

We win by 6 if he was on the court in the last minute, because he would have gotten both rebounds that Memphis got.

Reaction Score
I'm a Carlton fan. I like his presence down low, which I rhibk we need. I believe if we could get 10 points and 10 rebounds from him a game we are in great position to win each time. If only he'd hit more of his gimmes, man would it turn a game around for us and increase his stats and productivity.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Carlton misses more shots than he should, but he brings this effort and focus every game.

We win by 6 if he was on the court in the last minute, because he would have gotten both rebounds that Memphis got.
I would argue that his effort and focus has been one of his weak points and has been why DH has been so critical of him at times. When he brings it though, he's a real boost for the team.

Reaction Score
First game he played more than 20 minutes with 0 turnovers since the Miami game.

Killing them on the boards and limiting our turnovers to 12 were two of the biggest reasons we won today (plus our team D on Precious and forcing all those first half turnovers).

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

You could be right, but a W is a W. Let's bask in the moment.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
One other under appreciated fact. With Akok out, we couldn’t afford foul trouble from JC or IW and both played great defense and hit the boards, largely without fouling. Just imagine if both of them had been in foul trouble today...who would have played the five?

Reaction Score
If they named 3 stars like in hockey Vital Carlton and Whaley would have been my choices. Vital made plays down the stretch. Carlton and Whaley kept us in it until the shock of losing Akok wore off.

Reaction Score
Josh played really tough defense and didn’t make many mistakes. That’s all we can ask. He doesn’t need to be a go-to guy and we are much better when we don’t force it to him in the post, especially more than 10 feet from the hoop.

Reaction Score
Great game by Josh. After his improvement last year, we know he is capable of playing better than he has played at times this season. That follow-up dunk was awesome to see.

By the way, this was his post-game quote about Akok.

I know posters have speculated players might leave the program, but none of them sound like players on the way out.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Buddy of mine who is close to the program told me Carlton has lost significant weight since the start of the season.

I thought so. He's been moving better the last 3-4 games and got off the ground on that great putback dunk. He looks visibly slimmer.

Big thing for Josh against Memphis was that we didn't chase their bigs outside. I think Hurley may have finally adjusted to the fact that when Josh chases screeners outside it kills our interior defense and rebounding.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom