Carlton, Part Deux | The Boneyard

Carlton, Part Deux

Reaction Score
What’s the over/under at on missed layups or botched wide open put backs? I’m setting it at 2.

Reaction Score
Seems like Jankovich is going through a similar thing with Chargois that we are with Carlton. Benching him, changing up the rotation. He only played 5 minutes for them last game.

Reaction Score
Ugh. That means Chargois will have a career high 35 points tonight.
It really means that if they play at the same time, Carlton should either eat Chargois alive, or force SMU to double him and pass (rather than wildly spin towards the hoop).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Josh seems to have found second gear lately. He looks a little more spry, more like late last year. He even looks slimmer. I think we will see some dunks or dunk attempts. I'd really like to see him grab the ball rather than tipping it all the time. His success rate on tips is terrible this year. I'm expecting a solid game from Josh.

Reaction Score
You know only 5 players get to start right? It should be the best 5 players. Stop white knighting so hard.

Whatever you think about Carlton, we've seen that he's going to start even if he's only going to play 12 minutes or so. Whether that's because on a 9 man roster where everyone is going to play anyway Hurley, unlike you, sees no reason to humiliate him, or, more likely, because there is no reason to think Whalley could play 30 minutes consistently without fouling out so why not have Carlton absorb the physicality and a few fouls at the start and then give Whalley a chance to earn more minutes that day, there is no reason for you to be talking about Carlton not starting because barring an injury it's not going to happen.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Whatever you think about Carlton, we've seen that he's going to start even if he's only going to play 12 minutes or so. Whether that's because on a 9 man roster where everyone is going to play anyway Hurley, unlike you, sees no reason to humiliate him, or, more likely, because there is no reason to think Whalley could play 30 minutes consistently without fouling out so why not have Carlton absorb the physicality and a few fouls at the start and then give Whalley a chance to earn more minutes that day, there is no reason for you to be talking about Carlton not starting because barring an injury it's not going to happen.
Sure you thought the same thing about Gilbert and Gaffney right? He literally benched akok for a game, was that humiliation? Carlton absorbs physicality by fouling them, which isn't helpful. Carlton would still be important in a bench role. Nothing you just said makes any sense.

Reaction Score
Sure you thought the same thing about Gilbert and Gaffney right? He literally benched akok for a game, was that humiliation? .

You might be right. What I said may have made no sense. But that's not necessarily where the smart money is.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You might be right. What I said may have made no sense. But that's not necessarily where the smart money is.
Well of course I'm not arguing that I know what he'll do, but I know what I think he should do.

Reaction Score
Josh seems to have found second gear lately. He looks a little more spry, more like late last year. He even looks slimmer. I think we will see some dunks or dunk attempts. I'd really like to see him grab the ball rather than tipping it all the time. His success rate on tips is terrible this year. I'm expecting a solid game from Josh.
I agree he looks a little slimmer lately but a second gear? He's averaging 3.8 pts and 4.8 rebs over his last 6 games.

Reaction Score
With the activity level of a NCAA basketball player it would not be hard for josh to drop weight in season especially if he adjusts his calorie intake. We needed him back in the game on Sunday to stop Vought from running a dunk festival in the last 10 minutes. I hope he can make more shots. This is his biggest lift.

Reaction Score
Plus he always scores 4 points in the first 2 minutes. Problem is that he doesn't do much after that scoring-wise

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom