Carlton led the team in assists | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Carlton led the team in assists

Reaction Score
We needed a second center this year instead we took an ineligible power forward. Bad strategy, we are paying for.

what impact center did hurley pass on in order to take springs?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He is what he is, a bench guy who has been forced into a starting role for years do to the state of our program.
And he's better now than he was last year. The guy is trying to improve. So what do you get out of saying he's awful, all day, everyday?

I agree with an old Whaler announcer who said it's fair to criticize effort, but not so much performance when you are outmanned. How can a guy "kill" us when he's our only guy at the position?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There were several Gilbert plays that Calhoun would have grabbed or slapped him for. He did some great things on defense, pushing the ball and made a relaxed open 3. But these bail out bullet passes down at someone’s knees have got to end NOW. He should be taken out of the game every time he does that. Nothing else has worked.
I remember very clearly TB doing the same as a senior and JC slapping the side of his head but didn't yank him out. You take the good with the bad - even you should know that Chief00. The kid leads the league in assists. If the surrounding cast was stronger and smarter, if there was a semblance of a genuine offensive plan these issues would be a lot fewer and less obvious. Let's move on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Reaction Score
On the other hand he made a great pass that hit Josh in the hands and then in the face. Josh was down low and they tripled Al, who hit the open center, and who should have been ready and dunked it easily. Instead it became a turnover.
Al over-committed and made several bad passes, but he also makes good passes that his teammates don't convert. Seems lie half the roster just watches and isn't ready for the pass.

I’ve also noticed Carlton on a number of occasions not being in the catching position. His hands are either down or , if up, spread out to wide and he can’t react in time. He needs to keep his hands and elbows in in order to catch in the proper position.
He needs to watch how Akok positions himself with his hands and body.

Reaction Score
And he's better now than he was last year. The guy is trying to improve. So what do you get out of saying he's awful, all day, everyday?

I agree with an old Whaler announcer who said it's fair to criticize effort, but not so much performance when you are outmanned. How can a guy "kill" us when he's our only guy at the position?
He's worse than he was last year, you can see it with the eye test but UConnStats has been posting #'s that show just how bad he's been.

I keep repeating it because I'm already thinking about next season and am terrified he'll be our starting center again. It simply can't happen again.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I keep repeating it because I'm already thinking about next season and am terrified he'll be our starting center again.
Just who do you think you are influencing?

Reaction Score
Just who do you think you are influencing?
It's a message board, nothing we say influences anything with the team. There would be nothing to talk about if we didn't talk about the players and coaches.

Reaction Score
It's a message board, nothing we say influences anything with the team. There would be nothing to talk about if we didn't talk about the players and coaches.
Do you think Hurley was referencing you when he mentioned cartoon avatars on message boards?

Reaction Score
Could not Akok put on another 15pds and play some center while Springs starts as power forward. One blocks the shots, the other cleans up the boards.
Puts on 15 lbs and he's still barely over 200 but he is already playing the 5 in certain line ups as of last game. If Springs is ready he's probably a better option at center. I'm not giving up on Carlton. He's got better game in him

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom