Carlton- Kudos to Coach Hunter | The Boneyard

Carlton- Kudos to Coach Hunter

Reaction Score
I know he had a less than stellar game today but send this message to the bigs we are recruiting. It's a recent article from Dave Borges.

Carlton and Hurley credited assistant coach Kenya Hunter with much of Carlton’s improvement from a year ago.

“Big help,” Carlton said. “Every day in practice, working with the bigs, emphasizing things that help me in the game. It’s been a big help having him.”

Hunter was an assistant at Georgetown, where he helped develop big men Roy Hibbert, Greg Monroe and Otto Porter, among others.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Can UConn please sign him to a "head coach in waiting" contract?

Don't want to lose a talent like that.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Remember we had to pay him an extra 50k a year to get him to come here.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Remember we had to pay him an extra 50k a year to get him to come here.
I love Hurley, and I think we have great assistants as well. Thats why I hope we can keep Hunter, Kimani, and Tom Moore. I can live with them leaving for a head coaching position, but lets try not to lose them to other schools for the same position.

Reaction Score
More so kudo's to Josh. No matter how good the coach is, the player still has to put in the work to improve. If it was just about the coaching, every other UConn big man would have improved as much as Josh.

Reaction Score
Hunter’s done a remarkable job with Josh. But josh is still an off-season away from where we need him to be. Physically stronger, more of a “go getter” on the glass instead of waiting for boards to fall his way, and most importantly being stronger with the ball. He gets the ball poked stripped a lot, and when he gets his hands on a rebound he needs to have the mindset that nobody has a shot of getting that ball out of his hands.
Overall I trust the staff to make those progressions. He needs to live in the gym. Hes more of a finesse big rn, he could make a leap to become a bruiser too.

Reaction Score
More so kudo's to Josh. No matter how good the coach is, the player still has to put in the work to improve. If it was just about the coaching, every other UConn big man would have improved as much as Josh.
Agreed. People think it’s just the coaching, but when it boils down to it the kid’s the one that has to put in meaningful work

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom