Carlton had a nice game. | The Boneyard

Carlton had a nice game.

Reaction Score
Carlton’s rebounding has been pretty wild this year. 16% OR and 23.8% DR. He has his games where you can’t play him, but there’s been a few like tonight where he was a big lift. Love how he’s accepted his role and made a point to bring energy with his smaller allotment of PT.

Reaction Score
I also liked that Polley drove to the basket, got a block and moved better without the ball.

I think the whole team played super, in part because of the confidence of having Bouk back.

Great game and hustle from all the players.

Keep up the good work! With this effort, I think they can beat Villanova.

Reaction Score
He played better than Adama and Whaley combined tonight. I never understood why he was out of the rotation.

Reaction Score
He was exuberantly angry Josh tonight. Loved it.

Loved everyone’s energy tonight. Sunoco had a tough night but freshmen gonna freshman some nights

Reaction Score
7 boards, 7 points and a couple of blocks. Made the most of his minutes. And he looked like he was having a good time.
Yes, he still has game even though we might forget it at times. I'm glad he has kept his head on and is still playing with energy when he comes in. He definitely gives us rebounding and length on D.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Mentioned in the thread about rotations going forward that Josh is the third big in the rotation and would see limited minutes unless needed. Also said I had full confidence in him contributing when called upon.

Bingo.

He played within himself and did great battling for boards. The offense was a bonus. He is actually good when he knows he only needs to go in and go all out for 3-5 minutes and not worry about rationing his energy for 20mpg.

Reaction Score
he proved it earlier this season in the usc game -- no matter how deep danny buries him on the bench, carlton can still bring size, energy, and toughness when his number is called. good piece to have!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Loved that strong move to the hoop. Looked like he would have knocked down whatever was in his way. Some people wrote him off already but he is definitely useful.
That’s a plus 1... of course it wasn’t called.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I've seen him on the bench when he isn't getting any run. He's all in. A big asset, literally and figuratively. A bit like how I remember Lyman DePriest. He'd go a stretch when his number wasn't called but was ready when it was.

Reaction Score
The team is filled with nice kids who deserve a chance to see the NCAAs for sticking with the program. Would have been nice to have had the tournament for CV last year, but life is what it is.

The non-transfer juniors and seniors are what they are, but that doesn't mean I don't love rooting for them or that they shouldn't be proud members of the UConn family.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Competition brings out the best in everything.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Carlton always plays well. We just wasted some games early in the season not playing him enough.

Reaction Score
7 boards, 7 points and a couple of blocks. Made the most of his minutes. And he looked like he was having a good time.
Been wondering were his head is at. He's had a the a very unique career. He's the most experienced back up center whose sometimes third string center we've ever had. I would understand if his motivation is down. But totally came in and kicked a**. Didn't mess around at all. Looked hungry. Not dejected or down at all.

Reaction Score
Been wondering were his head is at. He's had a the a very unique career. He's the most experienced back up center whose sometimes third string center we've ever had. I would understand if his motivation is down. But totally came in and kicked a**. Didn't mess around at all. Looked hungry. Not dejected or down at all.
Hungry people devour.

Waiting for his next meal(s).

And those in the NCAA too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger