Carla Berube shares USA Basketball Developmental Coach of the Year Award | The Boneyard

Carla Berube shares USA Basketball Developmental Coach of the Year Award

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
After leading USA Basketball teams to perfect, 5-0 records and gold medals at the 2017 FIBA Americas U16 Championships this past summer, USA head coaches Carla Berube (Tufts University) and Don Showalter (USA Basketball Director of Youth Coach Development) today were announced as co-recipients of the 2017 USA Basketball Developmental Coach of the Year Award.

In her first USA Basketball coaching assignment, Berube led the USA U16 women past five-straight opponents by an average of 53.8 points per game June 7-11 in Buenos Aires Argentina.

Story: Berube and Showalter Share USA Basketball Developmental Coach of the Year Award
Video: USA Basketball Co-Developmental Coaches of the Year - Carla Berube and Don Showalter

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
As I have perused this Board and when it is discussed, the general consensus is that when Geno and CD inevitably ride off into the sunset that Shea, if she wants it, will get the HC job at Connecticut. Am I incorrect in my assumption and if I am will Carla Berube be under consideration? She's quietly building a very impressive resume. Will Connecticut seek an alum, they have a plethora of viable candidates from which to choose, or will they go outside the family and bring aboard someone unconnected to the program to bring a fresh and unencumbered perspective. The example is Tennessee and the difficulty Holly Warlick has faced at her alma mater. replacing a legend or Gene Bartow replacing John Wooden at UCLA, although they really wanted Denny Crum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01
Top Bottom