Carla Berube New head Coach at Princeton | The Boneyard

Carla Berube New head Coach at Princeton

Reaction Score
Awesome. She has great experience recruiting in an elite academic conference. She will do great there. Doesn't hurt that she'll have Alarie in her first season.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Last edited:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This is great news - Congrats to Carla - I hope she continues her great tradition of success from Tufts to Princeton. I think it's a perfect spot for her - Princeton has a really good tradition in the Ivy League, and hopefully Carla can win big there and take her teams dancing.

I never thought she'd leave Tufts, as someone else said. But now that she's in a great D1 situation, she needs to be seriously looked at down the road (in many many years) when Geno retires.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow. I am so happy for her. She is perfect for this job.

Reaction Score
Time for the Geno tournament!

Hartford vs Princeton​
Temple vs George Washington​
Someone at UHart or Mohegan should organize.

Reaction Score
Time for the Geno tournament!

Hartford vs Princeton​
Temple vs George Washington​
Someone at UHart or Mohegan should organize.
Do you mean Northeastern?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
After an early morning coffee, this rings a bit of a bell: A few of us had an interesting give and take on April 30th on the possibility of Carla and Princeton being interested in each other that included talks of lifestyles in Boston, central NJ. (I believe its on the coaching changes thread at/around that date...)

For the players listed in the first paragraph below and Carla's attributes in the second, I think Carla will come roaring out of the gate in central New Jersey. (Having Bella Alarie on the court is an optimal welcome gift!) Congrats to both her and Princeton.

Courtney is leaving the cupboard pretty full in Princeton: Bella Alarie, pg Carlie Littefield, guards Julia Cunningham and Grace Stone, back-up center Kira Emsbo. (In fact, save for Janelle Bailey and Malu Dikembe Mutombo, I might like most of these players as much as what she's inheriting at NC).

Thought/question: Is Carla Berube connected to Tufts/Boston by familial bonds?
If not, Princeton could be a really good match for her; smart (and for the first years, talented and experienced) players, great institution, open and diverse setting.

Ideas/opinions?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Jumbo the elephant as Tufts mascot ??? Not apropos for Tufts University. With a name like Tufts, having a Lynx for a mascot would be ideal.

Reaction Score
I'm more than a little surprised by this. She seemed to be not only successful but also
comfortable at Tufts, and I wasn't sure that she would want to step into the spotlight of
D1 competition.

I confess that I'm a little nervous for her. Nancy Fahey, who had great success at D3
Washington U. (5 NCAA WBB titles) so far is having a tough time after jumping up to D1
in trying to turn around the Illinois program. Carla has the advantage of starting with a
team at or near the top of her conference rather than at the bottom. Hopefully she'll
be able to keep it going.

Good luck Carla.

Reaction Score
I'm more than a little surprised by this. She seemed to be not only successful but also
comfortable at Tufts, and I wasn't sure that she would want to step into the spotlight of
D1 competition.

I confess that I'm a little nervous for her. Nancy Fahey, who had great success at D3
Washington U. (5 NCAA WBB titles) so far is having a tough time after jumping up to D1
in trying to turn around the Illinois program. Carla has the advantage of starting with a
team at or near the top of her conference rather than at the bottom. Hopefully she'll
be able to keep it going.

Good luck Carla.

The leap from Tufts -> Prin is not nearly as great as it is from WashU -> Ill. Berube already has experience with very smart non-scholarship private-school kids. Jumping to a a large public university with no culture of success is a much bigger build.

Also, as I mentioned in a different thread, large D3 schools have an advantage. WashU has 7.5k undergrads. That doesnt explain all Faheys amazing success, but it surely helped a little.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom