Carl, Where do you get your info/ideas? | The Boneyard

Carl, Where do you get your info/ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is the first time I've started a thread, and it may die, but, I have to ask.

My range of feelings on your "posts" run from: "This guy's an insider who is providing us with good stuff," to "poor Carl is an innocent victim of his own incredible optimism," or "Carl is sitting with a laptop in a dark room, smoking some really good weed, while listening to either 'Sergeant Pepper,' or the 'White Album' -------playing backwards."

Which is true?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
those are fighting words right thur

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I think it's a reverse 'from-your-lips-to-God's-ear' kinda thing he's got going on.

Keep it coming, Carl!...

Reaction Score
Somebody around here was absolutely sure I was Zach Frazer's mother or father when I first started writing and was pissed off at the way Edsall was managing the QB position, and had finally had enough of the sh#t when we came out in the biggest game EVER for this program against michigan and managed 9 total offensive possessions in the game, and let another Rich Rodriguez offense destroy our defense. I wanted to beat the out of Edsall after that game and the way he started managing the begining of that 2010 season.

THe players on that 2010 roster, deserve so much credit for turning it around the way they did, that was our best roster so far in 1-A from top down, we're getting close again.

All I've wanted to do was talk football from day 1. But the liars at Syracuse and Pittsburgh made all this other *t happen. and now, here I am for the past few weeks writing about what it means to establish a chain of command and work toward a common goal in an orgainzation as diverse and spread out as the big east, the nature of clandestine military operations, and information security.

All I want to do is talk football people, believe me, same way I did in 2010. I really like the interaction that a website like this can create for fans of the UConn athletic programs. It's amazing.

I hope that all of this will be over and that can happen again soon.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If nothing else, Carl and I are on common ground regarding Randy Edsall, only my come-to-Jesus moment with buzzcut happened a few years earlier.

Reaction Score
If nothing else, Carl and I are on common ground regarding Randy Edsall, only my come-to-Jesus moment with buzzcut happened a few years earlier.

What was yours?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What was yours?

Two things started me down the road...

First, the second game against Boston College where he really played not to win, but to keep the score close. He was scared of Boston College.

Second, when he repeatedly said that the squad in our transition years just was not good enough to win some of the games on the schedule. Not sure how you take a team out of the locker room when you just blamed the last game on their lack of ability.

But what really did it was his inability to correct some pretty basic deficiencies. How many seasons did we put out the most catastrophic special teams? How was it that MAC teams were flinging the football all over the field and UConn was left running inside draws with quarterbacks who couldn't throw well enough to play catch in the yard?

Finally, he was a petty schmuck who talked the talk, but exempted himself from the walk. (Not denying he did some very good things, but I would have driven him to Maryland myself.)

epark88

Reaction Score

First, the second game against Boston College where he really played not to win, but to keep the score close. He was scared of Boston College.

Second, when he repeatedly said that the squad in our transition years just was not good enough to win some of the games on the schedule. Not sure how you take a team out of the locker room when you just blamed the last game on their lack of ability.

But what really did it was his inability to correct some pretty basic deficiencies. How many seasons did we put out the most catastrophic special teams? How was it that MAC teams were flinging the football all over the field and UConn was left running inside draws with quarterbacks who couldn't throw well enough to play catch in the yard?

Finally, he was a petty schmuck who talked the talk, but exempted himself from the walk. (Not denying he did some very good things, but I would have driven him to Maryland myself.)

That game bothered me for years as well.

DanO wanted to take it to BC so bad, but Edsall put the clamps on him - you could literally see DanO seething on the sideline at Alumni Stadium. We had a legit shot to beat those turkeys, but that game was lost before kickoff. Edsall coached like a scared little punk.

But that's Maryland's problem now...

Reaction Score
Ha!

He may have been scared of Boston College. Michigan and the Big House had him crapping his pants, and he was afraid to schedule Navy after the absolute beat down we got at home in return for his shenanigans.

In all due respect, Edsall, I believe is a good guy, and he had a plan that he implemented quite successfully, but he finished the job he was charged with in 2007, for absolute sure, and then never made a move to raise the bar.

and I would have been in the rear seat of your car making sure that Edsall didn't make a jump for it until we crossed the state border.

Reaction Score
Good lord, let's stop. Please don't let this turn into a Randy Edsall discussion. Good guy. Did his work well at UConn. Many of us thought it was time to move on, but the majority rule probably would have had him stay forever, and either way, he made the choice on his own. Over and out.

epark88

Reaction Score
Good lord, let's stop. Please don't let this turn into a Randy Edsall discussion. Good guy. Did his work well at UConn. Many of us thought it was time to move on, but the majority rule probably would have had him stay forever, and either way, he made the choice on his own. Over and out.

Aaaand I'm done....

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score

Do you have multiple personality disorder? You just wrote an entire post on the subject of Randy Edsall two minutes prior to posting this.

Reaction Score
Do you have multiple personality disorder? You just wrote an entire post on the subject of Randy Edsall two minutes prior to posting this.

You're just annobeing annoying. Fishy, who's apparently a big wig around here, at 6'6" and 250, and I, started actually having a civil discussion on a subject matter, and after realizing where that discussion was going, and realizing what kind of stuff it might actually bring out the woodwork, I wrote the next message.

Really do have to hold people's hand sometimes to get a message across.

Reaction Score
fd7b90d687373c1d6a6e0ed3372e3f42.wix_mp
....the real source of Spackler's knowledge

Reaction Score
I"m really Fishy, but he/she doesn't know it, because I really am 6'6" and 250.

You are well-versed in the art of answer avoidance. You somehow redirected to, of all things, the four-quadrillionth RE critique.

Do you have a source for any of your "offerings?"

Reaction Score

I wish I could like this post over and over until my finger fell off.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: "Don't blame me, I think the guy's batshit crazy."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members