Carl Adamec: Faris not leaving the starting line-up anytime soon | The Boneyard

Carl Adamec: Faris not leaving the starting line-up anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"And regardless of any e-mails, messages, whatever, that coach Geno Auriemma gets calling for a switch in the lineup, Faris’ streak isn’t ending anytime soon."

LINK

Reaction Score
Geno: "But the other stuff is going to be there all the time."

Exactly.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Glad we can put that particular thought to rest, at least for now. if her offensive woes continue, i expect fans will continue to call for KML to start over her. but she's so valuable in so many other ways. i think she starts every game this year and every game next year.

as a total side note, with Tiff leaving next year, i'd love to see KML move into the starting lineup (which i think will happen) but if you have Caroline, Bria, Kelly, KML and Stef, i guess that means you bring Bree off the bench along with the rest of the sensational reserves UCONN will have next year...

Reaction Score
Interesting to note how much the BY can influence newspaper coverage -- 2 significant threads on this thread (Faris & Buck) have led to stories ... and answers!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Interesting to note how much the BY can influence newspaper coverage -- 2 significant threads on this thread (Faris & Buck) have led to stories ... and answers!

Well then, I expect to be reading an investigative piece on the pledge of allegiance at UConn sporting events.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
without the BY a few of these guys would be out of work

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
This whole topic of Kelly starting vs. not starting etc etc etc BLAH BLAH BLAH should get this month's dead horse award.

2010.8.31+DeadHorse.png

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Kelly's minutes have gone down from 33 mpg last year, to just 21 mpg so far this year. Starting is somewhat irrelevant.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kelly's minutes have gone down from 33 mpg last year, to just 21 mpg so far this year. Starting is somewhat irrelevant.
you know, that's a good point. we "lost" Maya and Lorin, but "added" Caroline, KML, Brianna and Kiah. i think the fact that we had a net add of 2 players who can get in even in tough games to play, plus the improved play of Heather, and there simply is not the need for Kelly to play as many minutes...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Next year by the end of the year I don't see Kelly starting. There's no way Breanna Stewart is off the bench she has too much talent and scoring ability.

Starting lineup: Dolson, Stewart, Lewis, Bria & Caroline by year end.

Reaction Score
Next year by the end of the year I don't see Kelly starting. There's no way Breanna Stewart is off the bench she has too much talent and scoring ability.

Starting lineup: Dolson, Stewart, Lewis, Bria & Caroline by year end.

Don't be surprised if Doty isn't starting next year

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Guys, far be it from me to tell other folks what to post about, but..Geez, we're six games into this season! I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing for Xmas, and y'all are trying to figure out who starts next November. I guess yer a lot further ahead on yer holiday shopping than I am!

Reaction Score
KML coming off the bench will a devastating punch to some teams. I like having that weapon in the arsenal

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i'm not sure why you would think that. it's not my place to tell people what to think or post, but what are you basing that on? as pinot said, we are 6 games into the season. aside from the fact that this is CD's first year back after her injury, what makes you think she won't be even better next year? add to that the fact that she's currently a captain and probably the most emotional and vocal leader on the team, and a better question is "how do you NOT start her next year"?

i realize it's way to early to seriously debate the starting lineup for November 2012, but i don't recall a single freshman that Geno started unless he absolutely HAD to. Maya, Dee, and Nykesha all came off the bench their freshman year.

it's possible that at some point next year, Bree may show she's just way too good not to start, but that would be the only reason to start Bree and potentially bring CD, Kelly, or Bria off the bench. Frankly, i like CD better at the PG spot and like Bria much more at the 2 spot. IMHO Caroline is a little more aggressive as a PG in pushing the ball and making decisions. Bria tends to move horizontally far too much for my taste, but clearly i'll defer to Geno since i he's a tad smarter than i am when it comes to coaching! ;)

The next 2 years UCONN is going to be in the unique position in that they will have so much talent that even the 2nd 5 off the bench would probably be a top 5 team. Even when the TASSK force came on board and were freshmen you only had 9 players you could make that same claim for (Duran, Ralph, Sveta, Schuey, Swin, Sue, Asjha, Tamika and Kiersten - i put Gaine, Hughes, Hansmeyer, Sauer and Arblic in the mop up category even tho a couple of them were pretty good). my point is next year we may have the deepest team of top talent ever at UCONN, and probably ever in WCBB.

And depending on who we land in 2013, we may have the same situation the following year. as much as i'd love to continue to land a top 3 class every single year, the reality is there may simply not be enough top level kids who are UCONN and Geno material and who are willing to subjugate their individual goals to the complete team concept UCONN espouses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom