Caribbean nations may form 7th confed and leave CONCACAF | The Boneyard

Caribbean nations may form 7th confed and leave CONCACAF

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Caribbean nations prepare plans to breakaway from CONCACAF | Daily Mail Online

Good for us. It will leave CONCACAF with 10 teams, perfect for a CONMEBOL-style qualifying event. At this point Cocacaf and Conmebol can have a joint Copa America and the Gold Cups can be scrapped. The Copa America would have 16 teams. Conmebol teams, the US, Mexico, Canada, and Costa Rica (best C.A. team) get byes to tournament. Other six teams played in two rounds of two-leg knockouts to determine two other teams. Two higher ranked teams get byes to the second round. The Confed Cup is probably going away, and the extra revenue of the extended qualifying run will cover losing the Gold Cups.

Reaction Score
Yeah, what are we going to do without Barbados, Anitigua and Barbuda, and St. Kitts ad Nevis? What would they get, 1 bid to the World Cup?

Reaction Score
Yeah, what are we going to do without Barbados, Anitigua and Barbuda, and St. Kitts ad Nevis? What would they get, 1 bid to the World Cup?
So it will be T&T v Jamaica every year for the right to represent The Caribbean confederation.

They'll get 1 bid, at best I'd think. Maybe a set up like Oceana where they get .5 bids and the winner (New Zealand) has a play in home & home v. another confederations .5 team. The way FIFA rolls though, they'll probably get 2 bids and N/C Americas will only get 3.5

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
My guess is they get 1 bid vs Oceania and their .5 bid. There are more Caribbean nations that can be competitive at the Int'l level then there are Oceania nations. Outside New Zealand, who else is there?

I do think it sucks that a confederation gets only a .5 bid

Reaction Score
With the move to 48 teams, Oceania and Caribbean will likely get 1 each.

Reaction Score
Island soccer realignment.

I wonder how this will f--- UConn.

LMAO. Just wait until St. Vincent and the Grenadines violates a rule of some sort. Then UConn will be really screwed.

Reaction Score
Island soccer realignment.

I wonder how this will f--- UConn.

definitely seeing a men's basketball post-season ban and the loss of some scholarships.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom