Cards Packers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Cards Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Carson Palmer is incredibly lucky. He did everything he could to lose that game. A dropped interception, a fluky tipped pass and Fitzgerald bailed him out. Best game of the year right there.

Palmer was throwing to the other team half the game. Gay had two wide open balls right in and out of his hands.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
McCarthy is a terrible coach though. Rogers should have at least one other title, maybe two, and I blame the coach for that.

That's probably a bit of an exaggeration, but McCarthy has definitely cost them from getting to a Super Bowl in the past. Last year was dumb luck, although he didn't exactly put them in a comfortable spot. I think the Pats would have smoked them last year (wanted them far more than Seattle). And I doubt they would make it this year even if they had won. But the guy is just far too conservative. That's what I love about Arians: massive testiculos.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Give me a break, he has no O-line, his receiving core is injured and as was pointed out his coach is McCarthy. Last year he was playing on one leg in the playoffs and McCarthy again found a way to screw it up.

More so his Hands Team. They had that one won. Granted, McCarthy was not good that game.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The last two years he got them into OT and then never touched the football again. Feels a little unfair there.

In 2014 he tied the game in the fourth and never saw the football again.

He should have never lost to the Giants in 2012, and in 2010 he fumbled in OT and the Cardinals returned it for a TD. Those are on him. I cut him some slack on the others since in each he made a clutch drive and then never got back in the game.

Rodgers has gifts no other QB has. You gotta win the big one more than once or twice though to get into that upper eschelon of QBs, and I don't think he can with McCarthy as the coach.

He def got unlucky last year. They had that one won. Poor Bostick. I still maintain they don't beat the Patriots though. They were only really good at home last year (undefeated), but mediocre away from Lambeau. They barely beat the Pats at home earlier in the season.

Rodgers is in that upper echelon right now imo. He's got a Championship, and a lot of years left to get another. I think he'll do it. Remember, Peyton has only 1, and he has to be in there.

I'm most interested to see how Rodgers develops his game as his legs go. His scramble is one of his deadliest weapons right now. Older he gets, less he'll be able to move, and the more pounding he'll take if he does. He's going to have to morph into the Brady/Manning style. But he's got all the stuff to sit in the pocket on every play.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I suppose, but his numbers in the post season don't match his regular season numbers, IIRC, which is why he'll be battling Dan and Peyton for "best regular season QB of all time." Course, Peyton may win it this year.

Not going to happen. Rest of the teams in finals run defenses' are all very good. And there's zero chance Peyton wins it with his arm.

Reaction Score
That's probably a bit of an exaggeration, but McCarthy has definitely cost them from getting to a Super Bowl in the past. Last year was dumb luck, although he didn't exactly put them in a comfortable spot. I think the Pats would have smoked them last year (wanted them far more than Seattle). And I doubt they would make it this year even if they had won. But the guy is just far too conservative. That's what I love about Arians: massive testiculos.
They were 15-1 in 2012. That's one other they should have won. Others are speculation, but there're 3 other last possession losses when he had a damn good team.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
They were 15-1 in 2012. That's one other they should have won. Others are speculation, but there're 3 other last possession losses when he had a damn good team.

2012, I've no idea on. But as a Pats fan, I know I'd rather have played the Packers than the Giants! lol

McCarthy definitely costs them games, no doubt. As I said he's too conservative. The amazing thing is he doesn't seem to learn from it. He needs to get with Arians in the offseason to get himself a nice cap and a set of balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom