Cards Packers | The Boneyard

Cards Packers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've never seen so many bonehead plays, horrible coaching decisions, chokes, unbelievable plays, strange occurrences. Thought nothing could top last weekend but the Cards Packers game has left me at a loss for words.

Reaction Score
Great game, crazy ending. That was a ridiculous throw by Rodgers. Fitzgerald is amazing I would love to see him win a Super Bowl playing with horrible qbs most of his career.

Reaction Score
Just win thats all you gotta do just win baby, there is no explanation just win.

Reaction Score
The overall play has actually sucked in these playoffs but I've seen about 4000 things I've never seen before and it's led to some of the craziest finishes.

Reaction Score
The Packers probably should have gone for 2.

Thats what I was saying in fact I would have sent my offense to the line of scrimmage during the review to put pressure on Arizonas defense but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
Great game, crazy ending. That was a ridiculous throw by Rodgers. Fitzgerald is amazing I would love to see him win a Super Bowl playing with horrible qbs most of his career.
One of the best games to watch when I didn't really care who won. Last few minutes were nuts

Reaction Score
The overall play has actually sucked in these playoffs but I've seen about 4000 things I've never seen before and it's led to some of the craziest finishes.

Single elimination we see crazy every year just like the NCAA tournament, lets not act like there haven't been crazy finishes in the 70s, 80s, 90s etc.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Thats what I was saying in fact I would have sent my offense to the line of scrimmage during the review to put pressure on Arizonas defense but it is what it is.
I don't really watch the NFL as much as I have in the past but it seems like one chance to win the game from what 5 yards away gives you better odds at winning then the series of events that would have to take place for you to win in OT.

Reaction Score
Single elimination we see crazy every year just like the NCAA tournament, lets not act like there haven't been crazy finishes in the 70s, 80s, 90s etc.
I've never seen anything like this. When I'm not tired and have the time I'll make a list of the 4000 bizarre things that happened.

Reaction Score
Carson Palmer is incredibly lucky. He did everything he could to lose that game. A dropped interception, a fluky tipped pass and Fitzgerald bailed him out. Best game of the year right there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The worst was calling a dumb pass play when you could have run the clock to the 2:00 warning. That gave the Pack at least what 30-40 seconds?

Reaction Score
Watched the highlights again, the two throws Rodgers made are duck*ing ricdiculous, don't think any other QB's ever could make those plays.

Reaction Score
I've never seen anything like this. When I'm not tired and have the time I'll make a list of the 4000 bizarre things that happened.

That much is true you think you have seen it all then you see crazier then you have seen before.

Reaction Score
Carson Palmer is incredibly lucky. He did everything he could to lose that game. A dropped interception, a fluky tipped pass and Fitzgerald bailed him out. Best game of the year right there.

He sure was, he sure won't get away with that next week against either the Panthers or Seahawks.

Reaction Score
The worst was calling a dumb pass play when you could have run the clock to the 2:00 warning. That gave the Pack at least what 30-40 seconds?

Yeah that was beyond dumb I could understand being somewhat aggressive not wanting to give Rodgers a chance, could have run a screen pass there.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

And didn't they pick up 3 or 4 yards running the ball on 1st down? Made zero sense.

Reaction Score
I don't really watch the NFL as much as I have in the past but it seems like one chance to win the game from what 5 yards away gives you better odds at winning then the series of events that would have to take place for you to win in OT.
You have one of the best QBs of all time. In terms of talent and play-making ability, maybe the best. Put the ball in his hands from 5-yards out and see what happens.

McCarthy is a terrible coach though. Rogers should have at least one other title, maybe two, and I blame the coach for that.

Reaction Score
Rogers should have at least one other title, maybe two, and I blame the coach for that.
Rogers is great, but can't get it done when it matters, and with some very good teams, and that's on him. 24/44 and a pick isn't all on the coaches.

Reaction Score
Rogers is great, but can't get it done when it matters, and with some very good teams, and that's on him. 24/44 and a pick isn't all on the coaches.
Give me a break, he has no O-line, his receiving core is injured and as was pointed out his coach is McCarthy. Last year he was playing on one leg in the playoffs and McCarthy again found a way to screw it up.

Reaction Score

He's lost like 4 playoff games in overtime or the last play of the game. He's gotten pretty unlucky.

Reaction Score
He's lost like 4 playoff games in overtime or the last play of the game. He's gotten pretty unlucky.
Granted, "unlucky" is a more concise way of saying, "couldn't get it done when it mattered" - I'll give you that.

Reaction Score
Granted, "unlucky" is a more concise way of saying, "couldn't get it done when it mattered" - I'll give you that.
The last two years he got them into OT and then never touched the football again. Feels a little unfair there.

In 2014 he tied the game in the fourth and never saw the football again.

He should have never lost to the Giants in 2012, and in 2010 he fumbled in OT and the Cardinals returned it for a TD. Those are on him. I cut him some slack on the others since in each he made a clutch drive and then never got back in the game.

Rodgers has gifts no other QB has. You gotta win the big one more than once or twice though to get into that upper eschelon of QBs, and I don't think he can with McCarthy as the coach.

Reaction Score
The last two years he got them into OT and then never touched the football again. Feels a little unfair there.
Lucky last second heave into the end zone got them there this year.
Like I said - great quarterback. Easily top 10 all time by the time he wraps it up, if he never wins another bowl . . . BUT he hasn't exactly lit it up when it matters. Can blame that on coaching and teams, I suppose, but his numbers in the post season don't match his regular season numbers, IIRC, which is why he'll be battling Dan and Peyton for "best regular season QB of all time." Course, Peyton may win it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom