Cardoso to transfer[merged thread] | The Boneyard

Cardoso to transfer[merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It appears that their is a rupture between the attitude, player performance & coaching staff at Syracuse. I would think the S.U. administration must be now deeply involved. But, do we really know what's going on ?

Reaction Score
Can you imagine...? 3 years of Cardosa? Mind boggling
Mtv Nyc GIF by Paramount+

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Can you imagine...? 3 years of Cardosa? Mind boggling
Mtv Nyc GIF by Paramount+
Yes!!! I can. ? We were already perceived as a strong front runner for next year’s NC. If we can land her, we lap the field, and become the elephant in the room. I have a sudden urge to watch that UConn - Syracuse game over again.

I wonder how long we’ll have to wait for her announcement? ?

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Cardoso to UCONN would make the Huskies really really difficult to beat next year. My guess is she'd start over ONO/Edwards/Dorka with her size and ability.

If she ends up at Auburn, it'd give Harris a great start and a marquee player to build the team around for 3 years.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It appears that their is a rupture between the attitude, player performance & coaching staff at Syracuse. I would think the S.U. administration must be now deeply involved. But, do we really know what's going on ?
With the first 11 transfers I really didn't think it anything special - 5 (and one a walk-on) were grad transfers and that is not that unusual in this year with a fifth year of eligibility; 4 others had been suspended from the team for the post season run, so there was an obvious reason to leave; that left two transfers who were not getting minutes, nothing to write home about.

Cardoso is another story - freshman focus of the team and she wants out is not a good look, and calls into question all the other transfers as well.

Reaction Score
Something is going on, but I don't think we'll ever know what happened. My guess is it started over playing time and snowballed from there. This might look like a curse, but I think it needed to happen...to save the program. I've been saying for a few years that their rotation was too long and thought Q was trying to make too many people happy. Whatever it is...it didn't work.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't think she would start. Liv and Aaliyah handled her easily in the tourney. She needs to come in and get some instruction and conditioning before even thinking about her starting. She has great possibility though...

Liv was pretty ineffective until Cardoso got into foul trouble. And that was 2 against 1. Don't kid yourself: Cardoso's an elite talent.

Reaction Score
Some people will never get playing time except for the most garbage of garbage time. It’s exciting to think of her coming to UConn but also a little sad for those who will lose playing time. Could you imagine coming to the school of your dreams and then seeing others come in after you and take what you thought was your playing time that must be very upsetting.

Reaction Score
I don't think she would start. Liv and Aaliyah handled her easily in the tourney. She needs to come in and get some instruction and conditioning before even thinking about her starting. She has great possibility though...
She went 5-9, with 12 points, 1 block, 1 steal and 7 rebounds (4 offensive) in 23 minutes.
Liv played a little better with 7-11, 17 points, 8 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block in 31 minutes.
To me those are pretty comparable numbers, Liv even played more than her and was surrounded by much more talent. Also those are numbers she’s putting up as a freshman...So I don’t know if that’s considered handled.

Reaction Score
Some people will never get playing time except for the most garbage of garbage time. It’s exciting to think of her coming to UConn but also a little sad for those who will lose playing time. Could you imagine coming to the school of your dreams and then seeing others come in after you and take what you thought was your playing time that must be very upsetting.
When one door closes another one opens.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom