OT: - Car trouble question | The Boneyard

OT: Car trouble question

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You know that feeling when your car hits a patch of ice? I'm getting that now when I turn the steering wheel even a few degrees. I have one of those things that plug into the cars computer via a plug under the steering wheel. No problems. Tires are new, so that's not it.

All repair shops in my area seem to be closed.

Any ideas as to what the problem could be?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
You know that feeling when your car hits a patch of ice? I'm getting that now when I turn the steering wheel even a few degrees. I have one of those things that plug into the cars computer via a plug under the steering wheel. No problems. Tires are new, so that's not it.

Years ago had gotten new tires and had the same feeling... just bought crappy tires. Not saying you did but sometimes even new ones don’t pair up well with the car.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Years ago had gotten new tires and had the same feeling... just bought crappy tires. Not saying you did but sometimes even new ones don’t pair up well with the car.

Tires are new. That was my first thought.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Clicking is an early warning of a failing cv joint. Cv joint goes, ball joint goes, tie rod goes.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Are you saying the tires are actually slipping or skidding, or does it just feel like there's slop in the system somewhere that's causing a loose or frictionless feeling in the steering wheel? (I assume the latter, but figured I'd ask)

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Are you saying the tires are actually slipping or skidding, or does it just feel like there's slop in the system somewhere that's causing a loose or frictionless feeling in the steering wheel? (I assume the latter, but figured I'd ask)

Probably the latter. Not sure though.

Reaction Score
Tires are a bitch to complain about. One time a mechanic told me my new tires from BJ’s were creating tire pull. BJ’s wasn’t hearing it. I brought receipts for 3 alignments from different shops before they swapped out my tires. Problem solved.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just another CV hater.
Poor guy cant even get a break in a car thread.
And I don’t get what the point of trying to tie him to rod sellers.

Reaction Score

Make and model??

Reaction Score
Tires are new. That was my first thought.
Might be new, but not good... happened with my son’s car. One tire had an odd bulge down the middle of the tread.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Had this happen on my Subaru Legacy
It was ball joint - the damn wheel could have fallen off the car
Felt like I was slipping on sand every time I was in reverse and making a sharp turn

Reaction Score
Are you sure that your wheel lugs are not loose? Very dangerous if they are.

Reaction Score
Same Q from above. The car actually slides?? Or was it a steering wheel 'feel'? I used to race my bimmer but never heard of that. How fast were u going?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom