Captains | The Boneyard

Captains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Now that we know Tristen is back and Andre is not, no one has raised the issue of the team losing both of their Captains from last year. I feel like Andre and Adama fulfilled their leadership roles magnificently with contrasting styles that complemented each other. Their leadership was crucial in our march for the championship. So who leads next year? Will they be formally designated Captain? If Tristen didn't return I was thinking Alex and Donovan, which would be unusual, two sophomore Captains. With Newton's return do we go tri-Captains or does he replace one of the sophomores? Interesting situation...

Reaction Score
AK has received tons of praise for his leadership. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him/Newton as captains
I remember vividly a game towards the end of the year they were doing that camera in huddle thing. AK straight up interrupts Hurley to drive home the point Hurley was making. Everybody, including coach listened intently to him. I had never seen a player, much less a freshman, do that. He’s got the respect of the whole team, whether he’s named captain or not.

Reaction Score
I'm sure we just won't have any captains. We didn't have a captain any of the previous years, Andre and Adama were just that exceptional
I certainly see that line of reasoning. But DH has shown lately that he is still learning and growing as a coach. Maybe he sees value in instilling leadership on the floor? Tristen is a quiet chill guy, but then again so was Adama. And if he still dreams of the NBA, it is the intangibles that might give him a leg up on the competition. And it IS a very young team that will require lots of leading whether formally or otherwise. I can see various scenarios that all make some sense. It will be a fascinating year for sure!

Reaction Score
dead poets society GIF

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Fundamental rule: The captain captains. Whoever takes the role naturally and executes the role will be the captain with or without the designation.

Reaction Score
Hassan doesn’t get the minutes but I’m fascinated how much respect he gets from his teammates (at least from watching from the bleachers). If he truly improves he may be the de facto captain when all things are said and done.

Secure Dog

Blue Collar = Blue Blood
Reaction Score
Now that we know Tristen is back and Andre is not, no one has raised the issue of the team losing both of their Captains from last year. I feel like Andre and Adama fulfilled their leadership roles magnificently with contrasting styles that complemented each other. Their leadership was crucial in our march for the championship. So who leads next year? Will they be formally designated Captain? If Tristen didn't return I was thinking Alex and Donovan, which would be unusual, two sophomore Captains. With Newton's return do we go tri-Captains or does he replace one of the sophomores? Interesting situation...
I thought TN kind of alluded to what his leadership role will be next year when he said coach was not looking to him to be the same type of leader as AJ. So if TN is going to be like Sanogo lead by example my guess would be AK and TN as co-captains. I know that leaves DC out but I really don’t see a tri Captain situation bringing any value.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought TN kind of alluded to what his leadership role will be next year when he said coach was not looking to him to be the same type of leader as AJ. So if TN is going to be like Sanogo lead by example my guess would be AK and TN as co-captains. I know that leaves DC out but I really don’t see a tri Captain situation bringing any value.
Somewhat agree, but in this season I think it would work that Tristan would be the de facto captain and Alex and Donovan would be the de facto lieutenants.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Don’t force it. We don’t HAVE to have a captain. Guys will lead naturally. DH made an exception last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom