Can't wait to beat Stanford on their home floor just like 1999! | The Boneyard

Can't wait to beat Stanford on their home floor just like 1999!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Excited about the UConn-Stanford game, esp after being their for the game in 1999. UConn came in ranked 1 in the country, and Stanford was gunning for the upset ranked 4th. Rip Hamilton couldn't play for the game and it didn't look good for the Huskies.

The thing I remember most about that game is the Stanford student section that taunted mercilessly Khalid ElAmin during that game. All he did was respond with scoring 16 in the first half and taking control of the game.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Stanford-is-still-a-cut-below-3304842.php#photo-2387896

Screw Stanford and their crummy fans. Another victory on their home court will be sweet today!

UofMemphis

MemphisTigers.org
Reaction Score
please beat the crap out of Stanford...we need to get this conference back on track.

Reaction Score
some key points brought out by KO himself

We can’t turn the ball over, of course, we’ve got to get back in transition. We have to limit Randle’s opportunities to get open threes. They try to g et that off ball screens and down screens. So we have to make sure we know where he is. It just can’t be Ryan, just can’t be Daniel or whoever is guarding him. It’s got to be all five guys on the court. Hopefully our defensive effort picks up, because it was very subpar against Tulsa. You can’t design a defense if you’re giving up so many points in transition, 15 turnovers. Different things that we did are just not typical of a UConn team and that’s why I was so disappointed.”

also
“Anthony Brown is shooting 46 percent from the three, absolutely wonderful. We have to make him a driver, make him do something he’s not comfortable with. He is a good driver, but he’s rather shoot that three, when he’s shooting 46 percent.

“[On possible lineup changes] Just evaluating. We’re evaluating. We’ll see, as tip-off comes. We’ll get together with my coaching staff and figure out the five that we think can start the game off the best and we’ll make adjustments through the game and hopefully we’ll have the best five on the court at the end of the game.”

pretty much covers the major points, we can't let brown or randle get off they are very potent and stanfords leaders. The last bit of that quote sounds like there is a line up change, my guess is hamilton is moved to the 4. Who enters as starter; calhoun or samuel? I'll go with samuel

Reaction Score
Excited about the UConn-Stanford game, esp after being their for the game in 1999. UConn came in ranked 1 in the country, and Stanford was gunning for the upset ranked 4th. Rip Hamilton couldn't play for the game and it didn't look good for the Huskies.

The thing I remember most about that game is the Stanford student section that taunted mercilessly Khalid ElAmin during that game. All he did was respond with scoring 16 in the first half and taking control of the game.

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Stanford-is-still-a-cut-below-3304842.php#photo-2387896

Screw Stanford and their crummy fans. Another victory on their home court will be sweet today!
Love it. Hated all the maddog Madsen talk. I remember Voskuhl playing tough in that game. Along those lines. I'm wearing the 1999 shirt for to guys game

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Mmm, may be able to dig out my 1999 cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom