Can't wait for the season to start | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Can't wait for the season to start

Reaction Score
Might it help them emotionally? Sure. But our problem the last three years has not been primarily players thinking they couldn't win. It's primarily been not having players good enough to win.

I hope we're much better. But Wagner is so far below the level of FCS teams we've been playing there is nothing to learn. When we beat 'Nova on our way to 6-6, I was happy just to win because I thought that was a very good FCS team. Beating Wagner is like beating Sacred Heart. Good for the players if they have fun with it, but it won't effect rational analysis of our situation.
I hope the team is better. Leaving the AAC is waving a white flag to ever being relevent to any one but our most hardcore fans. I hope to be proven wrong. If we become ARMY, that would be a huge step forward.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Outwardly, at least, I'm thinking "won't get fooled again". Inwardly, I'm hoping they show enough to rekindle some interest....

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
the biggest question to be answered for me will be on the defensive side of the ball, if they don't shut down Wagner's offense and end up in a shootout like URI last year it will be in for another long season. The offense was better last year and the main lingering question is at QB, if they can move the ball and get it across the goal line with regularity we should see an improved record. 3 wins is a must with this schedule, 4-5 would mark a tremendous turnaround.
Dream scenario: 5 wins should give Edsall AAC coach of the year, but the league wont give it to him while we are leaving anyway.

Reaction Score
Intellectually, you had to know (UCF or URI) that they were just playing too much youth. From the first play. Pindell was a marvel. And you could see some OLine push. But the Roster was nothing but kids on Defense ... or misfits left.

Emotionally it was tough for anyone who was invested in the UCONN FB the last 15 years.

Start? March up the field on offense against an overmatched FCS Program. Trust me - Wagner doesn’t think it’s that way. But whomever placed them on the schedule at this moment was playing like a Rutgers AD: intent to raise more than the Bar. Illinois is the next solid test.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
My niece came out from Minnesota for a visit few years back with her youngest child, leaving three behind with their dad. This is how she explained to one of them when she would see them again. From then on, I used it with my kids, as in, "Chuck E. Cheese is in three more sleeps."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom