Can't help but be impressed by Houston | The Boneyard

Can't help but be impressed by Houston

Reaction Score
I know more people than usual follow Houston right now and check in to see how Josh, Carlton is doing.

They were very impressive. They play for each other. They play smart. They don't try to do too much for their most part and guys stepped up when others got into early foul trouble. I love how they play both ends of the floor with heart and they have PG who can get buy his man and break the defense down initially. Then others guys are moving the ball and moving their bodies to get to open spots and find open looks. It was closer than the final score today, but the way the pulled away the last 7 minutes was very impressive.

Reaction Score
I know more people than usual follow Houston right now and check in to see how Josh, Carlton is doing.

They were very impressive. They play for each other. They play smart. They don't try to do too much for their most part and guys stepped up when others got into early foul trouble. I love how they play both ends of the floor with heart and they have PG who can get buy his man and break the defense down initially. Then others guys are moving the ball and moving their bodies to get to open spots and find open looks. It was closer than the final score today, but the way the pulled away the last 7 minutes was very impressive.
Sampson has done a great job with that team. Lots of options on offense and a great game plan today to try to limit Cockburn’s impact and force others to beat them.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
he's an incredible coach and they are recruiting at a high level. wonder how long he wants to do this, his son is apparently the heir apparent down there.

will be curious to see how they stack up when we are in the Big 12

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Houston lost 7 of their top 8 scorers from last years Final Four team
They lost their 2 top scorers on this years team in December for the season
This team will appear in their 3rd Sweet Sixteen in 3 years. They beat a top Big10 team each year to get to the Sweet 16
Some "expert" BYer said a few weeks back when Josh Carlton was named All AAC 1st team that Houston is a mediocre team in a crap league.
Houston is heading to the Sweet 16 and Memphis was 2 points away from beating the overall #1 seed. The AAC is not nearly as good as the NBE top to bottom but Houston and Memphis would have been at the very top of the NBE
If Houston is mediocre where does that leave UConn?
Sampson is a great coach and should be in the college basketball HoF and probably the Basketball HoF in the future

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
he's an incredible coach and they are recruiting at a high level

If Sampson is still there and Cinci doesnt get a decent coach - they will be looking down at you as will the rest of the B12

Reaction Score
This was the perfect culture play

But only Our coach who won’t take transfers he doesn’t know already has the perfect culture recipe lol.

Seriously though, sampson is a helluva coach - sasser and Mack were studs. And they didn’t miss a beat.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm curious as to how people would react if they compared Sampson's first four years at Houston to Hurley's first four years here?

Reaction Score
he's an incredible coach and they are recruiting at a high level. wonder how long he wants to do this, his son is apparently the heir apparent down there.

I agree. It's hard to predict whether recruiting will be helped or hindered by a lateral move. Houston won't be a remote outlier so that shouldn't hurt it.

Reaction Score
He is freaking great coach.

Also when he got in trouble years ago it was for excessive text messages. That looks extremely minor now.
Its not even a violation now, I bet Sampson learned a thing or 2 being in the NBA as well.

Reaction Score
I didn’t realize no starters returned from the FF team. Great coaches reload not rebuild
Fabian White was basically a starter. He usually played the same or more minutes than Chaney. He had previously been a starter, but they brought him off the bench after his injury and they liked the rotation and kept it.

But absolutely, he developed (Shead, White) and reloaded (Moore, Edwards, Carlton) in equal measures.

Reaction Score
Be an interesting game if Houston and Villanova meet.

Have they ever played against each other in the tenures of Sampson and Wright?

Reaction Score
I think he's been underrated by some and undervalued by some of the places he's coached at.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom