OT: - Canelo v Smith | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Canelo v Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Still waiting to hear who all these boxing people are who agree with you since that seems to be the only argument you’re going with. Remember Stephen A Smith doesn’t count as a boxing authority.
Bud Crawford, Teddy Atlas, Max Kellerman, Al Bernstein, Harold Lederman, Paulie Malignaggi, Dan Rafael, Mark Kriegel etc.

Stephen A. Smith isn't an authority on anything, he's a moron.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
They were very close fights. I happened to score it for GGG in the first one and Canelo in the second - hence my angling for a rubber match. But I definitely wouldn’t use the word ‘robbery’ for either one.

GGG got robbed in the first match because Adalaide Byrde's 118-110 scorecard in favor of Canelo shows she made her mind up as to who was winning prior to the first bell. The other two score cards were within the realm of the match.

GGG has one of the most devastating jabs in boxing, and it does border a power punch. Lands it at an incredible rate also. Canelo has slick underrated defense which is why GGG could not lay the devastating power on him, along with the fact Canelo is know to be a counter puncher so you have to be careful with the typical seek and destroy approach. When Canelo is not throwing he is laying traps. Their two styles work well against each other. Too much time has passed to make a trilogy more than just a money grab. GGG should face Boo Boo Andrade or Charlo. Canelo can sit back and wait for any and all offers.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
GGG got robbed in the first match because Adalaide Byrde's 118-110 scorecard in favor of Canelo shows she made her mind up as to who was winning prior to the first bell. The other two score cards were within the realm of the match.

GGG has one of the most devastating jabs in boxing, and it does border a power punch. Lands it at an incredible rate also. Canelo has slick underrated defense which is why GGG could not lay the devastating power on him, along with the fact Canelo is know to be a counter puncher so you have to be careful with the typical seek and destroy approach. When Canelo is not throwing he is laying traps. Their two styles work well against each other. Too much time has passed to make a trilogy more than just a money grab. GGG should face Boo Boo Andrade or Charlo. Canelo can sit back and wait for any and all offers.

that’s true, Canelo has a long history of being favored on the scorecards. The Mayweather fight immediately comes to mind. I agree that it’s a great stylistic matchup and that Canelo would rightfully be a heavy favorite in a third fight. I think selfishly I just want closure as I’d been waiting forever for them to square off in the first place and it still feels like unfinished business. These fights should have happened long ago and I do believe Canelo ‘waited out’ GGG.

Golovkin - Andrade is a great fight to make. Ultimately I want to see Canelo - Charlo for sure.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Bud Crawford, Teddy Atlas, Max Kellerman, Al Bernstein, Harold Lederman, Paulie Malignaggi, Dan Rafael, Mark Kriegel etc.

Stephen A. Smith isn't an authority on anything, he's a moron.
They don’t all agree with you that both were clear Golovkin wins ( and Kriegel is not much better than Stephen A in my book)

Keep Googling

Reaction Score
I go by what I saw, most people in boxing also saw what I saw.

Your post says it all...

It's amazing how much people today disrespect the jab. It's the best punch in boxing and people like you going into the beat thinking only way Golvkin can win by knockout is just dumb.
Again Canelo landed more power punches the faces at the end of the fight showed who did more damage. We not talking amateurs point scoring ,Max Keller man asked who you rather be canelo or ggg he said canelo because he's receiving less damage and dishing out more.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
These fights should have happened long ago and I do believe Canelo ‘waited out’ GGG.

Golovkin - Andrade is a great beat to make. Ultimately I want to see Canelo - Charlo for sure.

Agree 100% on both.

Reaction Score
Golovkin - Andrade is a great beat to make. Ultimately I want to see Canelo - Charlo for sure.
I find Andrade very overrated. I think he wings his punches too much and would get clipped by GGG at some point and KOd. The real fight is Jermall Charlo. I think that fight should happen next and the winner can have a showdown with Canelo.
As far as Canelo id like to see him fight Zurdo Ramirez. Canelo has a no mexican opponent policy for the time being which i think is bs but this fight needs to happen at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom