Cane Broome | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Cane Broome

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I have a feeling that if Cane Broome was forced to do as much on this team as Vital has had to do, Broome would look a lot more like Cup Cormier here.

It'd be sad to watch it unfold. Hometown kid is passed over, gets a second chance, and is absolutely pilloried by the fanbase in response.

Reaction Score
20 more wins

9jk.gif

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
Another thing I wanted to ask about was that you rarely hear of players going from starring at low-level mid majors to big time teams like this. I'm really surprised this doesn't happen more often. You hear a lot about JUCO but that's a completely different situation then this. Can anyone comment on this or give another example?

Reaction Score
It makes me think of Lamont Middleton back in the early 90’s. I used to watch Hartford Hawks games on tv as a kid because I’m a junkie. Believe it or not, UHart games were always on broadcast tv in CT. Middleton was great at Hartford and left for St John’s after two years. I remember thinking, “I wish UConn had this kid”, but then I couldn’t figure out who I’d be willing to sit in order to play him. He turned about to be pretty good at SJU, but not great.

Reaction Score
It makes me think of Lamont Middleton back in the early 90’s. I used to watch Hartford Hawks games on tv as a kid because I’m a junkie. Believe it or not, UHart games were always on broadcast tv in CT. Middleton was great at Hartford and left for St John’s after two years. I remember thinking, “I wish UConn had this kid”, but then I couldn’t figure out who I’d be willing to sit in order to play him. He turned about to be pretty good at SJU, but not great.

He was very good one of those guys who always gave UConn trouble. Undersized power guy who lived in the paint and around the hoop. I almost forgot he started his career at UHar good reminder. Tough loss for them but nice pick up for the Redmen at the time.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Another thing I wanted to ask about was that you rarely hear of players going from starring at low-level mid majors to big time teams like this. I'm really surprised this doesn't happen more often. You hear a lot about JUCO but that's a completely different situation then this. Can anyone comment on this or give another example?
I think the examples are proving your point. I remember when Rick Carlisle left Maine to play at UVa with Ralph Sampson. He played in the NBA before coaching.

Reaction Score
Classic post that makes less sense than a monkey throwing caca at a wall

You assumed it’s negative? Big FTs, big rebound at end of game. Give the kid a break

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom