Candid Comments From Tiff | The Boneyard

Candid Comments From Tiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
From John A's twitter:

Dramatic admissions by #TiffanyHayes of the #UConnwomen about last season's loss to #NotreDame in the #NCCATournament semifinals

Said Hayes: "I was too much of an up-and-down person last season, not only that night, but during the entire season and in general."

More Hayes: "It's been like that for a long time."

More Hayes: "Knowing that was the reason [UConn lost] hurt me for a very long time. I don’t want that to be the reason anymore."
--------------

I am certainly not blaming Tiff for the ND loss, nor did I at the time. However, athletes often take losses like this 'personally' and then use them as motivation. In the ND game, as in many cases, had any one person out of a decent sized list of people really performed at their best and had a great game, the outcome may well have been different. The athlete then says "it was my fault", which isn't strictly true because it implies it was solely due to them. But as an upperclassman, I can see why she felt as she did. Good thing for Tiff and for the team is that she seems to be using the motivation correctly, and is taking big steps forward so far (50% better, etc.). Can't wait to see her BRING IT under the big lights this year.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I look forward to seeing Tiff at her best. I truly think chemistry on a team is a big deal and I believe having Caroline on the court will only make the two of them better and allow them to feed off of each other.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
She's definitely saying the right things. She's the senior, she's used to the expectations at UConn, she's the one who's started on two NC teams and was part of a 90-game win streak. UConn needs to her to step into that role this season, and if she can, it makes things much easier for everyone else.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
I look forward to seeing Tiff at her best. I truly think chemistry on a team is a big deal and I believe having Caroline on the court will only make the two of them better and allow them to feed off of each other.
I hope mightily that the team's success does not hinge on Caroline.

Anything from her is icing. Kinda like Brit Hunter.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I hope mightily that the team's success does not hinge on Caroline.

Anything from her is icing. Kinda like Brit Hunter.
I am not worried about her production but more her presence. Being on the bench is nice, but being able to be on the floor will be crucial.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

Agree 100%! Tiff and Caroline are like ham & eggs, peanut butter & jelly, Rocky and Bullwinkle. They belong on the court together.

Reaction Score
Agree 100%! Tiff and Caroline are like ham & eggs, peanut butter & jelly, Rocky and Bullwinkle...
How about Sacco and Vanzetti, Barnum & Bailey, Butch and Sundance, and Tweedledee & Tweedledum?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Smith and Wesson is more likely for a pair of gunners.

Reaction Score
Who is Sacco and Vanzetti?

A part of history often revisited in the annals of criminal justice because of the very high probability of being executed for crimes they did not commit.

Reaction Score
She's definitely saying the right things. She's the senior, she's used to the expectations at UConn, she's the one who's started on two NC teams and was part of a 90-game win streak. UConn needs to her to step into that role this season, and if she can, it makes things much easier for everyone else.
This is what you want to hear from your only SR as long as the thoughts and comments are positve motivation;)

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
A part of history often revisited in the annals of criminal justice because of the very high probability of being executed for crimes they did not commit.

Sacco and Vanzetti have long been poster children for conspiracy theorists. The same sort of people that believe that little green men abound in Area 51 and that Isreal was behind 9/11.

Reaction Score

Michael Dukakis aside, that notion was disproved 30 years ago.

In the 1920's, techniques to compare bullet markings from test firings of guns with crime evidence was in its infancy - thus the Massachusetts State Police criminal laboratory report for the trial that the ballistic evidence was "inconclusive." Around 1980, however, a re-examination of the bullets and gun found in Sacco's pocket when arrested demonstrated their identity with bullets found in the body of the murdered payroll guards. Modern photomicrography puts the lie to the notion that Sacco, at least, was innocent. It takes a real flight of fancy to explain what the murder weapon was doing in his pocket if he was not the gunman.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
This is way off base from a discussion about Tiff or basketball in any form. Please take any further crime/political discussion to the "off topic" board and keep it out of this thread. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom