Canadian AmeriCup Roster | The Boneyard

Canadian AmeriCup Roster

Reaction Score

Finally! Man, Canada Basketball likes to take their time. An interesting mix of veterans, NCAA players and one high schooler.

NCAA players:

Aaliyah Edwards - UConn
Yvonne Ejim - Gonzaga
Merissah Russell - Louisville
Cassandre Prosper - Notre Dame

High School:

Syla Swords (Michigan 24 commit)

What I did find interesting is that Philipina Kyei didn't make the squad after playing with the national team last year at the World Cup. She was part of the training camp roster and her height would be very helpful, especially if Canada faces USA and Betts in the post.

Reaction Score
Any idea what the possible lineup might be for the U19 team? There are likely to be some big name absences, but this tournament seems to be shaping up into a potentially entertaining one.

Reaction Score
Any idea what the possible lineup might be for the U19 team? There are likely to be some big name absences, but this tournament seems to be shaping up into a potentially entertaining one.

That's a good question. I've scratched Prosper off that list once I saw the U19 try out roster that was announced back in Mar/Apr when they were in Portland. I'm guessing Swords will be taken off the list as well but who knows?

Fournier will still be part of the U19 based on these developments. Emma Koabel (Duke), Lemyah Hylton (Miami), Shantavia Dawkins (ISU) were also at that camp.
You'll also likely see Delaney Gibb and Jasmine Bascoe as well. There also are several 2023s who likely will be part of the roster including Sumer Lee (DePaul), Taija Sta-Maria (sic - I never get it right) and Jada Baidaiko (Georgia Tech).

Reaction Score
@awhom111 An update with the U19 try out roster. Prosper and Swords will be competing per Canada Basketball. Lemyah Hylton isn't on this list, nor is Shantavia Dawkins. Emma Koabel is however along with T'yana Todd from the 2022 class.

For the 2023 class, Taija-Sta Maria, Jada Baidaiko, Bree Robinson (Michigan State) are listed that I can recognize. The balance are mostly from the 2024 class like Fournier and Bascoe.

Reaction Score
Good to hear that the intent is still a strong roster. This AmeriCup should be intriguing. Some teams will have had the experience of playing at the Central American and Caribbean games this past week to prepare and the battle to reach the finals will be intense because nobody wants to be in the extra tournament.

Reaction Score
Good to hear that the intent is still a strong roster. This AmeriCup should be intriguing. Some teams will have had the experience of playing at the Central American and Caribbean games this past week to prepare and the battle to reach the finals will be intense because nobody wants to be in the extra tournament.
It's an intriguing roster, especially because it's kind of a changing of the guard for Canada Basketball. While Nurse, Achonwa and Carleton are still part of the National Team pool, we're getting to see several players that are considered the future including Prosper and Swords. Players like Merissah Russell and Yvonne Ejim should both get decent playing time based on their play this past NCAA Season. Really looking forward to this event.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom